Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What is the most powerful 12m 3 Strut kite ?

Forum for kitesurfers
luca
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is the most powerful 12m 3 Strut kite ?

Postby luca » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:58 pm

I think the problem is you are not used to the light bar pressure. How many hours/days did you rode the Reach, which kites are you normally riding and how experienced are you?
I can ride the 12m Reach in 11 knots with a twintip with 76kilos naked and are able to go upwind and unhook and I am holding it with ease till 25 knots. I although had a 12m Switchblade in the past, it feels more powerful and is having a little more grunt, but I didn’t got more useful power for going better upwind
Board size I am using is 136x40 and for riding in 11 knots there are no waves.
On the foil I start going with it in 7/8 knots.

If you need a little more Power the 13m Reach is awesome. Feels like the most 11/12m Kites but is more targeted to Leightwind.

But it is just a recommendation depending on the weight and Skills.
And a 5 strut is a 5 strut and a 3 strut a strut kite. But if you like the Performance of the Switchblade in jumping, like the Cabrinha feeling and want some genes of a 3 strut Kite in it, you will love the Reach. For me it is the better Switchblade with the same Cabrinha feeling till 2019. I don’t know if they changed anything in 2020/2021 when Pat Godmann left Cabrinha for North.
But I am not 100 kilos...

Skywalker7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sostó
Favorite Beaches: Ulcinj
Style: Freeride
Gear: I have 14 kites, covering most of the major brands.
Has thanked: 0

Postby Skywalker7 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:16 pm

Tried the newest Pivot 2 days ago and it was surprisingly slow turning and I tried the 10 meter on a 55 cm bar. The pivot turned exactly the same (or even worse) than many of the classic 5 strut big air kites. However the Pivot was very powerfull and felt like a 11m kite. Flysurfer Stoke is much faster and more playfull. I would also give the Duotone Rebel a try. I tried the 2020 13m Rebel and it was surprisingly fun and fast turning and 2021 is reported to be more faster turning. Just try to test as many kites as you can. I just learned the lesson that strut number does not really matter too much in terms of turning and fun level.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,

Postby Saltyman » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:54 am

3 strut Eleveight RS, Slingshot Rally gt V2, S25 Pivot.
5 strut Slingshot Raptor V1 or Eleveight XS.

Return to “Kitesurfing”