Fun fun fun and my one and only exercise i care to do
These users thanked the author PullStrings for the post:
Toby (Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:39 am)
Rating: 3.03%

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Lost me mojo

Postby OzBungy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:35 am

I kite foil or wing foil almost every day. I'm 64. Windsurfed since 1983. Got my first kite in 1999. Been foiling actively since 2016. Doing more wing foiling since late last year when lockdown limited beach access.

The simple fact is that the feeling of taking off on a foil makes my heart sing. The endless glide and carve I can get with a kite and foil makes me happy.

It's also my primary method of exercise. A foiling session everyday keeps my body working well with minimal damage, wear and tear and boredom. I can customise a session to give me whatever intensity of workout I want.

Wing foiling has a fair amount of fun attached to it, particularly when waves are involved. The real attraction is adding another skill. It's the learning of new things that contributes to good health and is just a load of fun.

Pure surf sports are almost off the list because crowding and access is a problem. We do a couple of trips down the coast each year and I will surf or surf kite if conditions are good. Even then, often conditions are crap for surf activities but just fine for foiling.

With wind and a foil I can do whatever I want, wherever and whenever I want. No travel, minimal driving required. I could walk to the beach if I had to. The gear is expensive, but in terms of dollars per hour of use it is ridiculously cheap.

Return to “Kitesurfing”