Forum for kitesurfers
wrogu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone Jaime VS Select 2021

Postby wrogu » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:26 am

SolarSet wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:56 am
I ordered Jaime 139 '21 week ago and have another few more weeks to wait. I hope this board live up to the expectations and build quality will be solid as this is something that I have little worry.
This board will be replacing my Shinn Ronson 140cm
I did the same but went for sls (owned 136 ronson). But those boards are very similar, so do not expect a massive difference. Ronson is a super solid board.

SolarSet
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: XR6 8m & 11m
Soul 15m
NHP Carbon Split 142

Postby SolarSet » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:30 am

I found Ronson a bit too soft and difficult to load and pop in overpowered condition. I still have NHP 138cm which seems to be better. I don't expect massive difference between Ronson & Jaime but seeing how many people like Jaime it should be move right direction. Ronson does well in chop and I'm expecting to lose a bit of comfort in chopy water we can find in our Hel Peninsula

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:30 am
I found Ronson a bit too soft and difficult to load and pop in overpowered condition. I still have NHP 138cm which seems to be better. I don't expect massive difference between Ronson & Jaime but seeing how many people like Jaime it should be move right direction. Ronson does well in chop and I'm expecting to lose a bit of comfort in chopy water we can find in our Hel Peninsula
Lol I know Hel quite well, after all I am from Gdynia :)
I still stand by what I have written, do not expect major difference or maybe it is just me. Nevertheless I loved my ronson and so I love the Jaime. Both are very very good boards.

appelton
Rare Poster
Weight: 190lbs
Local Beach: Belmont Shore / CA
Gear: Still looking for gear.
Has thanked: 0

Postby appelton » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 am

wrogu wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 pm
SolarSet wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:30 am
Lol I know Hel quite well, after all I am from Gdynia :)
I still stand by what I have written, do not expect major difference or maybe it is just me. Nevertheless I loved my ronson and so I love the Jaime. Both are very very good boards.
Which one you like better ? Ronson or Jaime ?
Which one is better on chop ? And which one has more flex ?

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Re: Duotone Jaime vs Select 2021

Postby wrogu » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:49 am

I have not ridden oridinary jaime, only the sls one. Which is a bit mor locked than ronson. I own 139 jaime sls and owned 136 ronson. Ronson seemed a bit more skatey and when I owned it it felt better for UH for me, difference was marginal tho. I think jaime handles chop a bit better and cuts through it better. Bang for buck sls vs ronson - ronson is a better choice. But I am very happy with my jaime sls which has a slightly better lower end and a little better chop handling. But price was not a concern for me - it was a gift from myself to myself for finishing a long past time job/project.

gator1
Medium Poster
Gear: TT, surfboard
Has thanked: 0

Re: Duotone Jaime vs Select 2021

Postby gator1 » Sun May 02, 2021 12:08 pm

I had the Select, I found that when popping, I used to jam the back foot hard at the last minute. But the select tip was so soft it would just bend instead of kicking me into the air. So I had to modify the way I popped, more of a drawn out carve using the grip of the board to dig in.

Didnt suit my style when you want to stomp on the board really hard.

Return to “Kitesurfing”