Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Re: Seaspiracy - documentary

Postby Bille » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:45 am

Huib wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:26 am

So easy for your self for doing nothing and keep on eating meat and fish.
Not making babies is what your solution is. You really think that is a good solution? By the time the world population has been reduced to 4 billion people by not making babies, our planet has long been destroyed.
And who is going to take care of you when you are elderly and there are no young people left?

I can see a 1:1 reproduction rate ; so 2 babies per couple. I have no idea
why it's the poor people ,that make the most number of babies ; when they
really can't afford any ?

Bille

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Bille wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:45 am
I have no idea why it's the poor people ,that make the most number of babies ; when they really can't afford any ?

Bille
Statistical genetics.

The most successful approach to ensuring a genetic lineage when lower IQ, is to have lots of offspring. This increases the chance for anomolously above average intelligence (average of the parents) in at least one of the offspring, so that a few of a larger number survive.

The most successful approach to ensuring a genetic lineage when higher IQ, is to use that intellect to ensure the survival of a more manageable smaller number of offspring who will typically have the average intelligence of the higher IQ parents . This number is more in line with what natural resources can provide to those offspring to ensure a higher survival rate to a smaller number.

Also of note is the proof that exists that the female passes on intelligence traits, while the male does not have any significant influence on intelligence of offspring (but does pass on other traits like emotional control).

If you run the numbers prior to 200 years ago, you will find that with reproduction vs mortality prior to reproduction, things evened out. Run the numbers in the modern era, and you will find alarming results as mortality in both groups has dropped to near zero, even though reproduction is still higher in lower IQ groups.
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post:
Bille (Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:28 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby knotwindy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:31 pm

First of all, as Carlin said, the planet will be fine. Humans however, not so much. The planet was fine before we got here and will be fine long after we’re gone.
Regardless of the species, whether virus, bacteria, weasel, vulture or human an increase in food supply leads to an increase in population. A decreased food supply leads to a decrease in population. Nothing else comes even close in relationship cause & effect. As long as populations are made of stuff, more stuff will lead to more population. No way around it. Although there may be an overlap between weasels/vultures and lawyers.
We, as humans have been conducting this experiment for at least 12,000 years. Every year for 12,000 times we have grown more food and, surprisingly, we have more people. Huh. Maybe, just maybe, we should try not growing less food and causing death in large numbers but just the same amount to stop the growth. You know, just to see if it works. Just once, maybe?
Poverty exists not because we can’t feed the poor but because we can’t satisfy the rich. We might have the time to Start small and stop the population growth before we try to decrease it.
Although we might not have enough sense, time or empathy to make anything work. We may have already pasted the tipping point.
Rant over. Have a nice day.
These users thanked the author knotwindy for the post:
Bille (Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:29 pm)

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:59 am

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiED ... id=US%3Aen

Article
What Netflix’s Seaspiracy gets wrong about fishing, explained by a marine biologist

Giving up seafood isn’t the best way to save the oceans.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:30 am

I think the call for veganism is rather silly. Yesterday I watched a documentary about avocados - clearly shouldn't eat those as well. No food that is mass produced, and we have to mass produce food to sustain 8b people, is "harmless" to the environment we live in. That part of the documentary is completely pointless to me, but I don't think that makes the documentary pointless.

Does the article address the claims that several types of fish are now being reduced by 80% compared to the 70s?

As for the "oceans going empty" - who cares about the year. Will they go empty at some point at current rates? If not 2048 - would 2150 be acceptable to the author of that article?

And if the plastic from fishing only stands for 20% and he claims the documentary is making plastic from land trivial - isn't he doing the same thing with those 20%?

The comment about racism or what the !"%""# he is implying is rather embarrassing.

This is not me defending everything in the documentary, but if the documentary is bad (according to him) I'm not really sure how one would describe that article. Hopefully we will get better articles going forward.
These users thanked the author Havre for the post:
jumptheshark (Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:56 pm)

nickd42
Rare Poster
Gear: frenzy, Jeremy Leaf mbs board

Postby nickd42 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:32 pm

This is bad news, my missus is a numpty and i'm emotionally retarted, poor kids.

"Also of note is the proof that exists that the female passes on intelligence traits, while the male does not have any significant influence on intelligence of offspring (but does pass on other traits like emotional control)."

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:23 am

nickd42 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:32 pm
This is bad news, my missus is a numpty and i'm emotionally retarted, poor kids.

"Also of note is the proof that exists that the female passes on intelligence traits, while the male does not have any significant influence on intelligence of offspring (but does pass on other traits like emotional control)."
You must push on and hope for an anomaly. They do happen.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:30 am

Dave_5280 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:59 am
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiED ... id=US%3Aen

Article
What Netflix’s Seaspiracy gets wrong about fishing, explained by a marine biologist

Giving up seafood isn’t the best way to save the oceans.
Around about 2014, "fact checking" websites morphed into "narrative control" websites. And that's all they are in 2021.

This Vox article is a near pristine example of misleading propoganda being used to discredit the exposure of actual propoganda. And Vox claims its fact checking.....

Return to “Kitesurfing”