Forum for kitesurfers
Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Seaspiracy - documentary

Postby Matteo V » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:36 pm

Havre wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:11 pm
But when most people are not willing to actually spend some time trying to understand something on a deeper level than getting angry at a waitress for serving you a milkshake with a plastic straw - posting it on Instagram - to make you feel better - then we get the kind of idiotic world we are currently living in.
It's not really the people, it's the system. This lady actually has a job policing restaurants for illegal plastic straw use.

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube ... e&ie=UTF-8#

I kind of think it's fake, because if I had as stupid of a cush job, I wouldn't be so cool when a comedic reporter was making fun of it. Well, maybe if they blurred my face.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:41 pm

Havre wrote:

I'm just having a bit of fun. I don't know how many times I have been called an "idiot" (in different forms) by posters on this forum for discussing Covid-19 and "climate change".
Ever the victim eh?
Havre wrote:

Especially for Covid-19 the argument is that; "we need/should to trust our Governments etc." (in one form or another - if not you are "QAnon") - but after watching one Netflix documentary there are no calls in this thread from those same people to just trust the authorities for doing the right thing. You really cannot have it both ways. Or obviously you can - for some reason (I think Jonathan Haidt, Rene Girard etc. is on to something when it comes to how we form our opinions - more based on what we think others will find an acceptable opinion rather than on logic, some objective criteria etc.).

That is not me saying that all Governments etc. are corrupt, useless etc. I do not believe that. But when most people are not willing to actually spend some time trying to understand something on a deeper level than getting angry at a waitress for serving you a milkshake with a plastic straw - posting it on Instagram - to make you feel better - then we get the kind of idiotic world we are currently living in. Where wearing a mask posting that video about the straw makes you a "good human", but it is not expected that you actually engage any further. Calling out the "world" for not doing enough to save our oceans is perfectly reasonable - questioning the handling of Covid-19, the rationale behind some climate change claims etc. is "loonie". All good fun.
I do not think people have said trust the government. They (me included) have said you better learn a bit more about the scientific process because it seems like some fundamentals are missing, although you are great at using quotationmarks. All arguments are not created equal and they are no all valid.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:56 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:36 pm
Havre wrote:
But when most people are not willing to actually spend some time trying to understand something on a deeper level than getting angry at a waitress for serving you a milkshake with a plastic straw - posting it on Instagram - to make you feel better - then we get the kind of idiotic world we are currently living in.
It's not really the people, it's the system. This lady actually has a job policing restaurants for illegal plastic straw use.

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube ... e&ie=UTF-8#

I kind of think it's fake, because if I had as stupid of a cush job, I wouldn't be so cool when a comedic reporter was making fun of it. Well, maybe if they blurred my face.
Kind of interesting who is the "first mover" of that system? And I do not mean that as a "conspiracy". That is genuine curiosity. Not sure if anyone got the answer to that question.

Huib
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brouwersdam, Ouddorp
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Groove Full carbon Wave, Ketos 118cm board, Ketos Foil, BRM Cloud E8+ 6.2 +4.8+3.7+ 2.8+2.2

Postby Huib » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:05 pm

If you want to save the ocean you can help by eating less or better, stop eating fish.
All other things are bullshit.
These users thanked the author Huib for the post:
tautologies (Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:13 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:28 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:58 am
Havre wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:45 pm

Not that we need to worry about the sea. As all Governments are always doing the correct things - they will do the correct things here as well.
Again, since we have many forum users here who use english as a second language, try to clearly state that you are being sarcastic.
I have bin guilty of that ; in the past . :(

Huib wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:05 pm
If you want to save the ocean you can help by eating less or better, stop eating fish.
I will respectfully Disagree on that ; only way to save This planet, is
to STOP making so Damn many babies (.) ------- No way around it !

Bille
These users thanked the author Bille for the post:
knotwindy (Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:46 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Greenturtle
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Presque Isle, Erie PA
Favorite Beaches: Bahamian Cays
Gear: Edge 19, Flite 17, 14.5, 12, 10, 8, Cloud 13.4, 10.4, 8, 6.2, 3.7
Tons of boards for water, land, and snow

Postby Greenturtle » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:50 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:33 pm
It’s probably going to be quite difficult to find a silver lining when as a race we have ‘jumped the shark’ (passed a tipping point) and there are almost 8 billion folks half of which are below average. Good luck with that, really hope you find a way and share it.
Well, I’ll take a stab at it...
If there is a silver lining in these issues, its that nature actually does prevail no matter what we think is going on. Matter of perspective. If you include humans as part of the animal kingdom, which would be the correct (although seemingly uncommon) view, then obviously things are exactly where they should be, the present and future hold only what the laws of nature produce.

The touch of grey in this silver lining, is that we generally do feel responsibility for our actions, and can’t in good conscience look at things “that” way all the time. This is also only natural behavior for us, to make a plan, to try to predict the outcomes, to work towards what we think is right, instead of completely blindly following instincts, we do question our instincts, - suffering nature’s consequences like any other species will happen, we just want to have some say in it, and we do.

Maybe the silver lining is just that clearly, many people do care. That no matter what happens, we aren’t as a whole, or as individuals, so cold hearted, or so short sighted. People are willing to make a stand and fight for change against seemingly impossible odds, even if succeeding just means a slight shift and not a full table turning. That in and of itself is somewhat heartening even if success is not forthcoming in many efforts.

Oh boy , not too convincing, but theres some sort of lining for you :roll:

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:31 pm

What a load of crap this documentary is. Asking us to possibly eat less fish when Fauci tells us to eat more fish. Obviously we should listen to Fauci.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellne ... r-BB199xsP

And who is this guy questioning the openness of the Japanese, French governments etc.? Obviously all their decision making is based on a solid scientific understanding of how much we can fish, how much plastic the oceans can handle etc. Anyone saying differently are clearly QAnon and Covid-19 deniers.

He even questions organisations set up to save the planet. So people dedicating their lives to saving the planets are somehow corrupted in certain cases? Come on. I think we should all make a pledge never to watch Netflix again here on Kiteforum.com. This is just too much.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:09 pm

the power of love needs to win over the love of power :remybussi: , or we will end up will no wild animals , no fish in the ocean , polluted oceans , air , complete weather extremes where crops don't grow because its too wet or it too arid empty super markets and its so hot people are dying,low lands dissapearing ,artic ice melting

what have we done ?why can't we be happy :argue: with a simple life that does not harm the world we live in , does not harm any species that we are meant to live hand in hand with in and on this planet and why is man so greedy living with little care for those who will follow us on the planet

Huib
Frequent Poster
Gear: Groove Full carbon Wave, Ketos 118cm board, Ketos Foil, BRM Cloud E8+ 6.2 +4.8+3.7+ 2.8+2.2

Postby Huib » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:26 am

Huib wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:05 pm
I will respectfully Disagree on that ; only way to save This planet, is
to STOP making so Damn many babies (.) ------- No way around it !

Bille
[/quote]

So easy for your self for doing nothing and keep on eating meat and fish.
Not making babies is what your solution is. You really think that is a good solution? By the time the world population has been reduced to 4 billion people by not making babies, our planet has long been destroyed.
And who is going to take care of you when you are elderly and there are no young people left?

Huib
Frequent Poster

Postby Huib » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:28 am

slide wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:09 pm
the power of love needs to win over the love of power :remybussi: , or we will end up will no wild animals , no fish in the ocean , polluted oceans , air , complete weather extremes where crops don't grow because its too wet or it too arid empty super markets and its so hot people are dying,low lands dissapearing ,artic ice melting

what have we done ?why can't we be happy :argue: with a simple life that does not harm the world we live in , does not harm any species that we are meant to live hand in hand with in and on this planet and why is man so greedy living with little care for those who will follow us on the planet
Attachments
vee en wilde dieren.jpeg

Return to “Kitesurfing”