Postby knotwindy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:29 am

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:58 am
Havre wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:45 pm
knotwindy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:48 pm

Yea, him & George Carlin were the original Q ? Or Lenny Bruce ? Or ? :roll:
Good point. Qarlin. Bill was Southern so he was also BubbA. Amazing how things just suddenly makes sense.

Not that we need to worry about the sea. As all Governments are always doing the correct things - they will do the correct things here as well.
Again, since we have many forum users here who use english as a second language, try to clearly state that you are being sarcastic.
Maybe usually but anyone who could believe that is well beyond the help of an explanation :allbegood:

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Re: Seaspiracy - documentary

Postby Matteo V » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:46 am

knotwindy wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:29 am
Matteo V wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:58 am
Havre wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:45 pm

Good point. Qarlin. Bill was Southern so he was also BubbA. Amazing how things just suddenly makes sense.

Not that we need to worry about the sea. As all Governments are always doing the correct things - they will do the correct things here as well.
Again, since we have many forum users here who use english as a second language, try to clearly state that you are being sarcastic.
Maybe usually but anyone who could believe that is well beyond the help of an explanation :allbegood:
Again, it has nothing to do with intelligence/intellect. It's just that when a person for whom English is a second language, puts the time to translate the meaning of individual words - sarcasm is easily lost in that translation.

Noting sarcasm is a respectful way to make sure language barriers do not contribute to misunderstanding. You can experience this issue yourself by watching a video in a foreign language (to you), reading the words with the sound and picture off, then reading the words with sound and picture on. You will notice many things such as emphasis on individual words or sarcasm are lost on you.

Qman
Rare Poster
Gear: 7m and 10m
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Qman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:31 am

Dave_5280 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:57 pm
Is it about China fishing globally?

Article link:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/ ... -korea.amp
The impact of this article is being felt in the Canary Islands.

People smugglers are trafficking migrants from West Africa in boats. Many of these migrants are African fishermen, who can no longer earn a living in their home country. There are no fish left for them to catch, because of these big foreign fishing boats.

Some of these people trafficking boats have arrived on the kitesurfing /windsurfing beaches.

SolarSet
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: XR6 8m & 11m
Soul 15m
NHP Carbon Split 142

Postby SolarSet » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:54 am

There is only one option which is go vegan and start to benefit from better health, has less negative impact on planet and stop contributing to animal abuse.
One way or another using animal product is always affecting every part of our world and for many people it is obvious now that in 50 years we will look at eating animal like smoking cigarette 50 years go.
I went vega 3 year ago and I'm happy with change which was easy one but regret that for some many year I was finding excuses to eat animal.

Peace!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:10 pm

i really feel for those where their local food has been wiped out by fishing on a scale few understand. where you cannot see what is happening- the very worst of human greed is occurring.
These users thanked the author longwhitecloud for the post:
Greenturtle (Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:34 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:34 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:10 pm
i really feel for those where their local food has been wiped out by fishing on a scale few understand. where you cannot see what is happening- the very worst of human greed is occurring.
This sounds like a conspiracy to me. Might I suggest watching 3 hours of Fauci on YouTube to cleanse your soul? Chewing on some broccoli for snacks.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:56 pm

Havre wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:34 pm
longwhitecloud wrote:
This sounds like a conspiracy to me. Might I suggest watching 3 hours of Fauci on YouTube to cleanse your soul? Chewing on some broccoli for snacks.

Irony is lost on me (though admittedly, I'm not a native English speaker..). While a bit or preferably a lot of Dr Fauci is obviously very wholesome for the soul, the issue is a serious. Lots of stuff happening out of sight (Africa), or just out of territorial waters (I assume). And it's not only the Chinese.. no amount of Broccoli and Dr Fauci should be able to make it go away..

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:11 pm

Pemba wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:56 pm
Havre wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:34 pm
longwhitecloud wrote:

Irony is lost on me (though admittedly, I'm not a native English speaker..). While a bit or preferably a lot of Dr Fauci is obviously very wholesome for the soul, the issue is a serious. Lots of stuff happening out of sight (Africa), or just out of territorial waters (I assume). And it's not only the Chinese.. no amount of Broccoli and Dr Fauci should be able to make it go away..
I'm just having a bit of fun. I don't know how many times I have been called an "idiot" (in different forms) by posters on this forum for discussing Covid-19 and "climate change". Especially for Covid-19 the argument is that; "we need/should to trust our Governments etc." (in one form or another - if not you are "QAnon") - but after watching one Netflix documentary there are no calls in this thread from those same people to just trust the authorities for doing the right thing. You really cannot have it both ways. Or obviously you can - for some reason (I think Jonathan Haidt, Rene Girard etc. is on to something when it comes to how we form our opinions - more based on what we think others will find an acceptable opinion rather than on logic, some objective criteria etc.).

That is not me saying that all Governments etc. are corrupt, useless etc. I do not believe that. But when most people are not willing to actually spend some time trying to understand something on a deeper level than getting angry at a waitress for serving you a milkshake with a plastic straw - posting it on Instagram - to make you feel better - then we get the kind of idiotic world we are currently living in. Where wearing a mask posting that video about the straw makes you a "good human", but it is not expected that you actually engage any further. Calling out the "world" for not doing enough to save our oceans is perfectly reasonable - questioning the handling of Covid-19, the rationale behind some climate change claims etc. is "loonie". All good fun.
These users thanked the author Havre for the post:
Pemba (Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:37 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Greenturtle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Presque Isle, Erie PA
Gear: Turbine 19, Flite 14.5, 12, 10, Rally 7
Tons of boards for water, land, and snow

Postby Greenturtle » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:27 pm

Half the world could go vegan tomorrow and this problem would not be altered what-so-ever.

The solution would have to involve international regulation that is -somehow- actually enforced.

I eat red meat and fish regularly and it is part of a 100% sustainable and necessary program here in my home state. The number of road killed deer alone here is enough to feed a small starving nation. I realize of course that this is here, and not there. My point is that if I personally, and my extended family for that matter, all went vegan - it would not help save ocean life at all.

Not slamming on vegans, seriously, respect. I wholeheartedly support, and I do think that the amount of demand for beef for example, is environmental suicide. Its just the suggestion that in this case, thinking it is going to solve or even improve on this particular problem - is not realistic when there are those remaining who couldn’t care less about how many fish are left except that they had better fish them out faster. You know? How is becoming a vegan in europe or the usa (for example) going to slow down asian (for example) fishing fleets? It will not, thats how. There is only one thing that could slow it down, maybe, regulation on that scale, it would probably transition quickly into violence before any regulations were followed. I know, extremely gloomy outlook from greenturtle. I need to find the silver lining somewhere.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:33 pm

It’s probably going to be quite difficult to find a silver lining when as a race we have ‘jumped the shark’ (passed a tipping point) and there are almost 8 billion folks half of which are below average. Good luck with that, really hope you find a way and share it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”