Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

PIQ story ended ! - Legacy files uploaded

Forum for kitesurfers
fanzila
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 63
Local Beach: France
Favorite Beaches: Lancieux (France, Bretagne)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: duotone
Has thanked: 0

Re: PIQ story ended !

Postby fanzila » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:16 pm

I did not have an answer from the CEO of PIQ and I have contacted Duotone but no success so far, here at the last exchange, I'm still waiting for an answer from them since the 29 of august :

------------------------------------------

On 29 Aug 2021, you wrote:

Hello Julien,

Thank you for your answer, it is unfortunately difficult to find a contact from the PIQ team. I have tried contacting the CEO with no response so far.
I'm sure you guys have contacts, would you point me to the right person?

Regards,

Pierre
------------------------------------------
On 24 Aug 2021, at 16:48, Julien Prenez <UR-610c3a4e9631b800b1a58ba5@contact.bam.re> wrote:

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your message,

Unfortunately for some legal aspect we couldn't find a solution to keep the app running, this is due to the fact that it was a collaboration between two individual brands, PIQ and Duotone, we tried to do everything possible to keep the system up and running but unfortunately could not.

Regarding the source code you have to get in contact with PIQ directly.

Have a great day

Julien

swollox
Rare Poster
Style: crap
Gear: old old stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby swollox » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:27 am

Oh man this sucks

Time to buy a woo?

fanzila
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 63
Local Beach: France
Favorite Beaches: Lancieux (France, Bretagne)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: duotone

Postby fanzila » Wed May 24, 2023 10:14 pm

Nop no news from nobody :-(
Bad publicity for duotone

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed May 24, 2023 10:21 pm

Maybe would have been more success if they had their Duotone Academy app already...and then combine it.

Woo is just strong with their community, hard to get there. Maybe with app only and use other hardware...but Woo could easily do that too if the market goes that way.

Future knows!

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:26 pm

Maybe it will help for those who have PIQ still but don't have PIQ app - I uploaded last my saved (before removal from Apple server) PIQ and Duotone app (downloaded 2021 May 126h date) , upload will valid just 30 days, https://easyupload.io/egakxj

maybe someone saved last version of PIQ app from Google play for Android phones? As i not used that time Android i didn't saved this app from Google, so, i don't have it, but if someone have it please upload it for all. IT will help for people to use PIQ (which is in my opinion much much better than woo, because better (safer) design and shows instantly your jump data in display.

(update after hour) - searched in google and found a few Piq apk versions for Androids, so, there is uploads, seems as last versions for androids was available as Duotone and PIQ_5.0.587

Uploaded them also, few files, some earlier versions from 2017 and last from 2020 https://easyupload.io/m/ru24be

I don't installed them yet, so, i don't know if those files are working and ok.

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:44 am

a99 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:26 pm
Maybe it will help for those who have PIQ still but don't have PIQ app - I uploaded last my saved (before removal from Apple server) PIQ and Duotone app (downloaded 2021 May 126h date) , upload will valid just 30 days, https://easyupload.io/egakxj

maybe someone saved last version of PIQ app from Google play for Android phones? As i not used that time Android i didn't saved this app from Google, so, i don't have it, but if someone have it please upload it for all. IT will help for people to use PIQ (which is in my opinion much much better than woo, because better (safer) design and shows instantly your jump data in display.

(update after hour) - searched in google and found a few Piq apk versions for Androids, so, there is uploads, seems as last versions for androids was available as Duotone and PIQ_5.0.587

Uploaded them also, few files, some earlier versions from 2017 and last from 2020 https://easyupload.io/m/ru24be

I don't installed them yet, so, i don't know if those files are working and ok.

Thank you for sharing. I have an old PIQ device that still works with a Duotone PIQ app. A friend of mine that runs a surf shop gave me a new one but I wasn't able to activate It through the app and I'm still looking for a solution.
Cheers
Carlo

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:22 pm

Thank you for sharing. I have an old PIQ device that still works with a Duotone PIQ app. A friend of mine that runs a surf shop gave me a new one but I wasn't able to activate It through the app and I'm still looking for a solution.
Cheers
Carlo
I don’t know who can help to activate new Piq, maybe some goos skilled haker as it need server which doesn’t exist via app.
These users thanked the author a99 for the post:
haiku (Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:37 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Re: PIQ story ended ! - Legacy files uploaded

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:11 pm

I'll see if I can find time to have a look through. I've decompiled the android APK as it would be nice to be able to have something that didn't need to try and contact the server. I've only spent a few minutes looking but I've picked out a few useful ideas that might work as the server URLs are hard coded into the app so it might be possible to just return a positive result every time it tries to contact the server.

Looks like its trying to contact app.piq.com, com.piq.north and app-stats.piq.com

My main priority would be to have an app that could be sideloaded and still functional. If I can get that working I might be able to spend some time looking at a way to register a piq as a kiteboarding device. Hmm actually, it might be possible to do that too as there is a field called 'piq_settings_activation' so might be able to follow that to pick it apart
These users thanked the author nothing2seehere for the post (total 2):
decay (Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:48 pm) • a99 (Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:31 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:36 pm

Okay. So I spent half an hour over a lunchbreak looking and it looks like activation will be possible (at least on Android)

There's a file called com.octonion.android.piq.common.network.ActivationConnection which calls the activate function and returns a response. Should just be able to hardcode the response to return as Kiteboarding. I don't have a device that needs activating so will need to make a few educated guesses.

The more complicated thing at first glance looks to be to work out how/where to hard code all the user details that would have been otherwise stored in a user profile. Can't see this being impossible, just might take a while. Happy to collaborate with someone else if anyone else has too much free time on their hands and wants to split the workload. Otherwise I'll try and squeeze it in around other life bits and pieces.
These users thanked the author nothing2seehere for the post (total 2):
a99 (Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:31 pm) • haiku (Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:13 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:15 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:36 pm
Okay. So I spent half an hour over a lunchbreak looking and it looks like activation will be possible (at least on Android)

There's a file called com.octonion.android.piq.common.network.ActivationConnection which calls the activate function and returns a response. Should just be able to hardcode the response to return as Kiteboarding. I don't have a device that needs activating so will need to make a few educated guesses.

The more complicated thing at first glance looks to be to work out how/where to hard code all the user details that would have been otherwise stored in a user profile. Can't see this being impossible, just might take a while. Happy to collaborate with someone else if anyone else has too much free time on their hands and wants to split the workload. Otherwise I'll try and squeeze it in around other life bits and pieces.
Thank you very much, where I can find this file?
Cheers
Carlo

Return to “Kitesurfing”