Forum for kitesurfers
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 3665
- Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am
- Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
- Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.
There are big shifts happening no doubt, one is that as said kites are soooo much easier to loop without your insides getting churned inside out due to sideways twang. The second is that the whole "pro" thing is changing due to social media power. No longer is being a good rider or even the best rider a way to become a top paid pro rider, the kiteboarders themselves are replacing the marketing departments with their high targeted reach numbers on insta/ YT and social media marketing skills. You can post doing something mundane (to me), but it might gravitate with a bigger audience and have a bigger reach and therefore earning potential for a sponsor. Time are changing.
- These users thanked the author longwhitecloud for the post:
- ARK (Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:20 am)
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 73 guests