Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Alpha V2 - any news yet?

Forum for kitesurfers
User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2464
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 224 times

Re: Ozone Alpha V2 - any news yet?

Postby iriejohn » Sat May 01, 2021 9:10 pm

Rob112 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:00 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:49 am
A nice man sent me this link, thanks! You are forgiven for slaughtering team UK in the America's Cup. ;-)

https://www.ozonenz.nz/products/alpha-v2

As it happens, a few weeks ago I ordered an Alpha V2 14m Blue so given the current material shortages and supply dislocations it will be interesting to see when it actually turns up!
Just curious - is this replacing your 14.5 Flite?
Yes.
These users thanked the author iriejohn for the post:
Rob112 (Sat May 01, 2021 9:45 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Rob112
Medium Poster
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:51 pm
Local Beach: Hove
Lancing
Shoreham
Worthing
Goring
Gear: Pivot
Asylum
Mixer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Ozone Alpha V2 - any news yet?

Postby Rob112 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:47 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Rob112 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:00 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:49 am
A nice man sent me this link, thanks! You are forgiven for slaughtering team UK in the America's Cup. ;-)

https://www.ozonenz.nz/products/alpha-v2

As it happens, a few weeks ago I ordered an Alpha V2 14m Blue so given the current material shortages and supply dislocations it will be interesting to see when it actually turns up!
Just curious - is this replacing your 14.5 Flite?
Yes.
May I ask why? I've been thinking of either getting a Flite or a 14m single strut.

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2464
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 224 times

Re: Ozone Alpha V2 - any news yet?

Postby iriejohn » Sat May 01, 2021 10:58 pm

Rob112 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:47 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Rob112 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Just curious - is this replacing your 14.5 Flite?
Yes.
May I ask why? I've been thinking of either getting a Flite or a 14m single strut.
For a number of reasons. I wanted a lightwind kite to use in the summer and the Alpha V1 was an option, but on principle I do not buy V1 of anything, V2s usually have the wrinkles sorted out. I use only kites without pulleys, but made an exception for the Flite 14.5 Aluula because of its performance. I believe the Alpha V2 will perform at least as well as the Flite in the conditions I will use it in, and it has no pulleys.
These users thanked the author iriejohn for the post:
Rob112 (Sun May 02, 2021 6:14 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Daversj
Medium Poster
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:49 pm
Local Beach: Sag Harbor
Style: Like it all...
Gear: Ozone, Cabrinha,Naish,North,Corevac surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Ozone Alpha V2 - any news yet?

Postby Daversj » Sun May 02, 2021 3:03 am

You must have a real prejudice against pulleys. 😉

I think the Alpha v1 was great out of the box. Most people agree it's one of if the best, if not the best one strut kite. Gets a little flappy when you turn it super fast but they all do... i was super impressed with it compared to the Core X lite, which is also great, but the Ozone Alpha is way cheaper.
I cant believe i just said something Ozone was cheaper. I must be dreaming

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2464
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 224 times

Re: Ozone Alpha V2 - any news yet?

Postby iriejohn » Sun May 02, 2021 8:00 am

Daversj wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:03 am
You must have a real prejudice against pulleys. 😉

I think the Alpha v1 was great out of the box. Most people agree it's one of if the best, if not the best one strut kite. Gets a little flappy when you turn it super fast but they all do... i was super impressed with it compared to the Core X lite, which is also great, but the Ozone Alpha is way cheaper.
I cant believe i just said something Ozone was cheaper. I must be dreaming
Whispers in my ear mean that you'll be even more impressed by the Alpha V2. ;-)

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2464
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 224 times

Re: Ozone Alpha V2 - any news yet?

Postby iriejohn » Sat May 08, 2021 9:50 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Rob112 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:00 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:49 am
A nice man sent me this link, thanks! You are forgiven for slaughtering team UK in the America's Cup. ;-)

https://www.ozonenz.nz/products/alpha-v2

As it happens, a few weeks ago I ordered an Alpha V2 14m Blue so given the current material shortages and supply dislocations it will be interesting to see when it actually turns up!
Just curious - is this replacing your 14.5 Flite?
Yes.
Flite 14.5 Aluula now sold.

Not holding my breath for when the Alpha V2 14m turns up ...


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 31 guests