Forum for kitesurfers
FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Fredricksburg, VA kitsurfing

Postby FredBGG » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi

What's kitesurfing like near Fredricksburg Virginia?

My son may be moving there and I would visit and would love to kite with him.

Anyone from around there have info on the area. We are both long time kitesurfers 15 plus years, so very respectful of local riders and rules :D

wind chaser
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: California
Style: Free-Surf-Foil
Gear: Slingshot, Best, Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fredricksburg, VA kitsurfing

Postby wind chaser » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:58 am

Moving to Fredricksburg VA? Condolences. Your kiting days are over.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: Fredricksburg, VA kitsurfing

Postby SENDIT! » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:04 pm

I used to be stationed up in Dahlgren, Va, within about 1/2 hour of Fredericksburg. His closest bet will probably be Colonial Beach. I only rode there once back in 2001 and once right underneath the bridge crossing the Potomac at Dahlgren. Both are on the Potomac and would work in the same wind direction, so I’d definitely recommend the Colonial Beach spot. There are other locations within a couple of hours or so, most of them closer to Virginia Beach. There used to be a kite association up in that area, but I don’t remember what it was called. I’m sure if you do a little looking up there, you’ll probably find more info. There are a few members of this forum that kite in that area and could probably provide a little better info than what I have.

Return to “Kitesurfing”