Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Valve - Airport v1 Inflation valve on Rebel 2015 kite. Leaking

Forum for kitesurfers
psz211
Rare Poster
Local Beach: SF
Gear: 13M Duotone Juice, 10M Duotone Evo SLS, 8M Duotone Rebel SLS, 6M Viron Flysurfer Closed Cell Foil. Crazy Fly XL board, North Prime Medium board, and Fone Trax small board
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

North Valve - Airport v1 Inflation valve on Rebel 2015 kite. Leaking

Postby psz211 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm

Hi All -

I have a 2015 North Rebel with an Airport v1 inflation valve.
I unfortunately left my North original hose in a safe place in a storage unit, and won't be able to get back to it until later this year.

I was using a standard hose the last few months, and it worked off and on but would leak air, I could eventually get it to lock. Not the best, but it worked.
Recently, it won't hold air at all, even in the close position. I bought the North Adapter last week, and tried it today, still doesn't work. The adapter sold now is for newer kites, the Airport v2 but should still work.

I read a few prior posts, and
1) This helpful repair guide if the plastic flap falls off, I took out my port from the bladder, and this isn't the problem. Mine is still in place. Lifts on open, and can close fully on lock.
http://ikitesurf.blogspot.com/search/la ... rt%20valve

2)I read this from this forum - viewtopic.php?t=2389217

Anyone with a similar issue on an older model north kite, would love not to have to take this into the shop and replace the valve.

Like I said, I examined the flap below the valve and can manually press it closed, so assume air should be able to close it off as well.

:(

Return to “Kitesurfing”