Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Aluula Flite's Dangerous Flight

Postby Toby » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:39 pm

8712kiter wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 pm
Toby wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:36 am
Good to hear it all worked out well.

But, isn’t this was Aluula stands for, highest restaurants towards rips an tears?

And I suggest you get those Ankers you drill into the sand...and hook up the CL to a hook attached.

I always self launch and tie a hook onto some wood, works fine and you self check your lines while you put the kite in place.
I was always wondering what folks do with these anchors once they go on the water. Do they leave them drilled in and allow others to "borrow" them?

mine is attached to a wooden pole...and only few people around. Normally they don't see it, and have helpers. But sure they can use it. If it makes things safer for others as well, good!

Gestalt
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 186lbs
Favorite Beaches: Long Bay - Turks & Caicos
Style: Wave, Freeride, Foil & Big Air
Gear: 8m & 10m OR Aluula Roam
9m XR7
12m Evo Dlab
12m & 15m FS Sonic 4
TT: Boardschmiede 135x40
Foil: North Sonar 1150cm2
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Aluula Flite's Dangerous Flight

Postby Gestalt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 pm

Gilberto wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:20 am
I found it equally tricky self-landing my 12m Aluula Roam using the upper center line technique. I'm not super experienced with this, so grain of salt, please. It wasn't super windy so I gave it a shot as there wasn't anyone around to land my kite. I anticipated this going wrong in advance and committed to punching out asap if it didn't look good. It absolutely would not sit down on the leading edge. These kites want to fly. The kite went down for a second and was back up and moving into the power zone fast :o, but I ejected safely with no issue.

My wife and I now have 8, 10 and 12m Roams. I sold most of our other kites this spring except for the 5 and 6m storm kites. I'm obviously a fan. I ride a surfboard - no foiling yet. When I get tired and head in, I ride straight downwind at the kite. Crazy drift. My favorite part, besides how fast they turn, is the light bar pressure. I used to get kiter's elbow mid summer, but the Aluula Roam has solved that issue. Granted, better fitness might have been a less expensive way to achieve the same result.

I haven't tried the Aluula Flights so can't provide any input on the difference b/t the two models.
I have to second this. The speed, light bar pressure and drift especially when foiling makes flying the Aluula Roam a dream to fly. I have flown my 8m comfortably from 9 knots to 28 knots and it performs superb. Also planning to sell most of my other kites. My next kite trip I will likely buy the 10m and 12m Roam, and likely get the 14.5 and 17m and Aluula Flite as well.
These users thanked the author Gestalt for the post (total 2):
Gilberto (Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:55 am) • McLovin (Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:36 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Return to “Kitesurfing”