Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Forum for kitesurfers
BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:35 pm

The ESP bridal rounds the corners of the kite essentially, it's about 10cm long with a slider ring, I took it off all my Torch's straight away. If your Torch is "Jellyfishing" then it's underinflated, or the 5th line tension is off, the kite is rock solid in the air and one of the best kites ever for unhooked riding. I still pick my Torch's over the Dash/Pivot when the winds 18+mph, still an oustanding kite. With the move to hangtime kites at" King-of-the-air" around 2018/19 the Torch and Vegas started to take a back seat, but both can match any modern boosting kite for pure height, definitely not for hangtime. The Torch top end is way way higher than any comparible size flat kite, this enables you to ride a kite a few meters bigger than other riders on flatter kites.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby Ludmil » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:21 pm

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:35 pm
The ESP bridal rounds the corners of the kite essentially, it's about 10cm long with a slider ring, I took it off all my Torch's straight away. If your Torch is "Jellyfishing" then it's underinflated, or the 5th line tension is off, the kite is rock solid in the air and one of the best kites ever for unhooked riding. I still pick my Torch's over the Dash/Pivot when the winds 18+mph, still an oustanding kite. With the move to hangtime kites at" King-of-the-air" around 2018/19 the Torch and Vegas started to take a back seat, but both can match any modern boosting kite for pure height, definitely not for hangtime. The Torch top end is way way higher than any comparible size flat kite, this enables you to ride a kite a few meters bigger than other riders on flatter kites.
Exactly, a league of its own.
I am lazy to write (maybe tired of "well, yeah, it's a C kite" kind of responses), but you did it very well 👍🤙
These users thanked the author Ludmil for the post:
BillyGoatGruff (Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:38 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”