Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui
Hood River, Oregon
Tariff, Spain
Style: Free rider
Gear: Naish, Crazy Fly, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Punta Cana looking for recomendations

Postby Wolkster » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:43 am

I have been there during summer, stayed at ClubMed all inclusive with family. ClubMed is the best all inclusive for active families imo, not just fat tourist sitting around the pool and eating buffet.

Anyways there was a Kite beach/rental place right next door. I didn’t have my gear with me so I rented and kited there 2-3 days. It was very light wind I think I flew a 17m and mowed the lawn, but it was kiting and it was very convienent.
I felt sorry for the guy who was there that did bring all his gear, cause it was to light for him.

danlar
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 62kg
Local Beach: Santa Marianita, Ecuador
Favorite Beaches: I have kited at: Peru (Paracas, Mancora), Bresil (Cumbuco), Dominican Republic (Cabarete, Las Terrenas), Grenadines (Union Island), USA (Hatteras, Tarpon Springs), Bahamas (Exuma), Greece (Paros, Lefkada),Turks & Caicos (Long Bay)
Style: freerider, freestyle
Gear: Evo SLS 8m 2022, Rebel 9m 2020, Dice SLS 11m 2022, Neo SLS 12m 2022, Juice 15m 2020, Shinn Bronq Luigi 135/41, Jaime SLS 142/43, Cabrinha surfboard Secret Weapon

Postby danlar » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:26 am

If you are looking for an All Inclusive for the wife and a kite place for you, check the Viva Wyndham Tangerine at Cabarete, nice resort and good kiting.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:17 am

I don't know for Punta Cana, but certainly not "rainy season" in Cabarete in June - August.

Wyndham is just next to Millennium. It is bigger and I guess it might be easier to get in contact with others there? You got some playing beach volleyball, football etc. and a lot more kids typically at Wyndham.

Other than that I would say Millennium is just nicer. Might be that Millennium is a lot more expensive as well of course.

You can basically launch your kite 3 steps away from both places - even if there is a small area outside of Wyndham dedicated for swimmers.

Grizwald
Medium Poster
Weight: 72 kg
Gear: none

Postby Grizwald » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:26 pm

thank you one and all I will check out all the suggestions.
stay safe
Griz

Return to “Kitesurfing”