Local Beach: Panama City Beach, FL
Style: free
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Mako board and Epic Screamer kites
Shinnster for strapless light wind
Slingshot foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Core sensor 2s bar depower

Postby langfordja » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:22 pm

I have questions about two “features” of this bar.

1. It appears that this bar is supposed to flag to a single front line (yellow line in photo), as long as the small diamond shaped stopper (see red arrow) slips through the large ring with the gray line and “stops” at the small center ring. Is my assumption correct, and if so, does it always work or does the stopper ever hang on the first ring, which looks like it would flag both front lines ?

2. I have heard at least one YouTuber say that, after multiple kite loops, above-the-bar lines #5 and #6 in the photo, twist.
And do not un-twist when the main un-twisting feature of this bar is exercised. Has anyone experienced this twisting ?

- thanks
Attachments
47F8CAAA-D9D1-4E20-991E-0ACC881A9D81.jpeg

SMJ
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: Cabrimha, Core, Flysurfer, Carved, Naish, Duotone, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Lift, Spleene, Mystic, ION.

Re: Core sensor 2s bar depower

Postby SMJ » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Never experienced line twisting on the Core bars. Sheet-in to auto untwist. You info above is slightly inaccurate. The Core bars don't really flag to a single front line. They flag 100% to one front line and 50% to the other front line. See attached picture.

Can you share the YouTube link you're referencing above?
Attachments
CORE_Sensor3_supported-single-frontline-safety-540x857.jpg

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 pm

Sounds like it depowers 150%, Gotta love math? 😆
These users thanked the author knotwindy for the post:
alford (Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:14 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

langfordja
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Slingshot foil

Postby langfordja » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:49 am

Thanks for the depower info.
The YouTube video I was referring to is called “no more sensor 3 bar for me ...”
His twisting line comment is about 2:40 in.
Plus I noticed the twisting the first time I flew my core 2s (I just bought a used one). I assumed I had just not untwisted them before I launched. But sheeting in does not untwist any lines above the bar, which is where line #5 and #6 are.

Ianw
Medium Poster
Local Beach: UK - South Coast
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR8, Lieuwe Falcon & Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: None - Cost me a fortune!!!
Has thanked: 0

Postby Ianw » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:14 am

langfordja wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:49 am
Plus I noticed the twisting the first time I flew my core 2s (I just bought a used one). I assumed I had just not untwisted them before I launched. But sheeting in does not untwist any lines above the bar, which is where line #5 and #6 are.
Hi I have a 2S pro bar and had the same problem where the front lines above the bar were twisting when I launched even though I checked they were parallel before launching. The problem is that you have twists in the safety line below the SSF which distorts the white plastic casing and causes the twists above the SSF. The solution is 1) secure the front line pig tail loops to a post. 2) Go to the bar end, tension the front lines and at the same time rotate the white plastic casing below the QR. You can only rotate it one way if you rotate it the wrong way the twists will increase. The distortion and tension in the white safety line will relax and the lines above the SSF will be perfectly parallel. I've had many sessions since I corrected the problem with perfect parallel lines.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:52 am

langfordja wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:49 am
Thanks for the depower info.
The YouTube video I was referring to is called “no more sensor 3 bar for me ...”
His twisting line comment is about 2:40 in.
I suspect his problem is not running his front lines before kiting. The downside of the auto-untwist mechanism is that if you start with crossed front lines - you can't untwist them. You have to come in. Land the kite. Disconnect and untwist them. That's certainly what it looks like in his video (front lines to the kite from the Y not twisted but twists on the trim lines). I noticed the same with my Click bar and once you get used to being a little more diligent its not a problem (its a little easier on the click bar as the front lines are different colours rather than both grey) though it probably adds an extra 20 seconds time to your rigging up sequence.

SMJ
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: Cabrimha, Core, Flysurfer, Carved, Naish, Duotone, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Lift, Spleene, Mystic, ION.

Postby SMJ » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:19 am

langfordja,
Core has since rectified the issue addressed in that YouTube video. Also, the video you referenced is about the Sensor 3 Pro bar, yet your topic title says Sensor 2S. I have a newer Sensor 3 Pro bar and haven't had any problems.

As far as the front lines twisting (which I also don't have a problem with), are you running out your front lines properly at setup (i.e. completely untwisting everything all the way to the kite) prior to launch?

As nothing2seehere mentions above, the auto-untwist is only as good as your initial setup, so be sure to untwist your upper lines prior to launch.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Same here, I have Sensor 3+ and once I setup front lines correctly I never had them twisting, I do loads of rotations and that was part of reason why I wanted bar with auto-untwist,
seems like one guys making more noise than it's worth it.

langfordja
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Slingshot foil

Postby langfordja » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:23 pm

Thanks for the tips.
I will correct the problem prior to launch, as suggested.

Craven Morehead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: UK South Coast
Favorite Beaches: Silver Rock
Style: questionable
Gear: Core Nexus
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Craven Morehead » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:42 pm

LOOPS.jpg
LOOPS.jpg (603.27 KiB) Viewed 966 times
bar-adjust-line.png
May I hijack this thread with a question on Core Bars!
I have a 2S Pro and I need to change the pigtails on which you adjust the bar width (45 or 52cm). On the bar these pigtails are just straight pieces of poly rope with a black tag at each end. There are no loops on the ends. They are secured to the bar with a double knot so that they do not pull through the plastic bar-ends. In the replacement kit (part number K20381 - https://store.corekites.com/collections ... e-set-7-10) these pigtails have loops in them. Can anyone advise a secure knot technique so I can use these.

Return to “Kitesurfing”