Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: Cabrinha FX 12m 2018
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Problem with safety flagging line on 2nd hand Cabrinha Recoil bar

Postby majs_man » Tue May 04, 2021 12:05 pm

Hi, I've just bought a 2nd hand kite with a 2018 Cabrinha Recoil bar for a bit of a deal beacause the safety line doesn't slide through the recoil tube correctly so I need to fix it before getting on the water.

I think there's a problem with the top end of the inside tube of the depower main line tubing, it looks like it got bent to be smaller than it should be or is sticking out incorrectly. See the attached photos. The photo is taken from the end where number 5 in this picture.

I took the rope out of the tubing so I could remove the black cap to access the grey tube underneath but I couldn't bend it back so it stayed. I don't recommend this since the rope is a pain in the behind to get back through!!

It looks like I can just get a replacement main line here https://watermelonsurfshop.com/kitesurf ... -line-2018 but I would like to know, does anyone have any experience with this and is this actually the problem? I don't want to fix the wrong part unnecessarily.

Thanks!
Attachments
PXL_20210503_183823161.jpg
InkedPXL_20210503_183938341_LI.jpg
InkedPXL_20210503_183938341_LI.jpg (624.73 KiB) Viewed 254 times

SMJ
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: Cabrimha, Core, Flysurfer, Carved, Naish, Duotone, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Lift, Spleene, Mystic, ION.

Re: Problem with safety flagging line on 2nd hand Cabrinha Recoil bar

Postby SMJ » Wed May 05, 2021 2:44 am

The Cab bars are very repairable, although it can be a bit of a pain as you mention above. Here's a good video on the recoil tear-down:

drone
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Latvia's coast Beaches
Style: Freeride, foil, snow, ice.
Gear: FS, SS, LF, C, N, B.

Postby drone » Wed May 05, 2021 7:00 am

Cant see problem, when you activate quick release ther will be a lot of force to pull thru safety line.

majs_man
Rare Poster

Postby majs_man » Wed May 05, 2021 2:52 pm

SMJ wrote: The Cab bars are very repairable, although it can be a bit of a pain as you mention above. Here's a good video on the recoil tear-down:

Yeah, I gave that one a look and I've followed the instructions there but it seems like the plastic just doesn't sit right. At 7:24 you can see that there's a two separate exits for the two lines at different heights but I think something there has gone wrong for me.

majs_man
Rare Poster

Postby majs_man » Wed May 05, 2021 2:53 pm

drone wrote: Cant see problem, when you activate quick release ther will be a lot of force to pull thru safety line.
Yeah, it looks like it should be fine but it really takes a fair bit of force to pull through. If I need to release the kite in light wind (eg. it inverts or something), I'm pretty sure it won't pull through

Return to “Kitesurfing”