Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core XR7

Forum for kitesurfers
SMJ
Frequent Poster
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 am
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: Cabrimha, Core, Flysurfer, Carved, Naish, Duotone, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Lift, Spleene, Mystic, ION.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby SMJ » Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Kerplow wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:11 pm
SMJ wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 pm
Looks like the biggest change is in the shortened bridle.
Nope, it got additional color :D
I really hope the additional color doesn't increase the bar pressure.
These users thanked the author SMJ for the post:
Kerplow (Tue May 11, 2021 5:02 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2091
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby matth » Tue May 11, 2021 4:48 pm

SMJ wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 pm
Kerplow wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:11 pm
SMJ wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 pm
Looks like the biggest change is in the shortened bridle.
Nope, it got additional color :D
I really hope the additional color doesn't increase the bar pressure.
Do you mean all the Core jokes at the BAR post session?? :lol: :lol:

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly mostly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby Faxie » Tue May 11, 2021 6:41 pm

SMJ wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 pm
Looks like the biggest change is in the shortened bridle.
Shortened? Like 1cm?

Still looks long to me. Have to place it next to XR6 pictures to notice it. Looks like only the lower pulley sits a bit higher. Pardon the crappy paint.

Image

SMJ
Frequent Poster
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 am
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: Cabrimha, Core, Flysurfer, Carved, Naish, Duotone, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Lift, Spleene, Mystic, ION.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby SMJ » Tue May 11, 2021 7:00 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:41 pm
SMJ wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 pm
Looks like the biggest change is in the shortened bridle.
Shortened? Like 1cm?

Still looks long to me. Have to place it next to XR6 pictures to notice it. Looks like only the lower pulley sits a bit higher. Pardon the crappy paint.
See this article:
https://corekites.com/us/kites/xr7
Attachments
CoreBridleXR7.JPG

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly mostly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby Faxie » Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 pm

SMJ wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:00 pm
Faxie wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:41 pm
SMJ wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 pm
Looks like the biggest change is in the shortened bridle.
Shortened? Like 1cm?

Still looks long to me. Have to place it next to XR6 pictures to notice it. Looks like only the lower pulley sits a bit higher. Pardon the crappy paint.
See this article:
https://corekites.com/us/kites/xr7
They've been using that marketing for years now. The difference between the 6 and 7 bridle is minimal, but it's there to be fair.

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1201
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 am
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 190lb
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Cabrinha Vector 12
Long Ocean 136, Cyclone 138, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Cyclone 6’0”, Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby Hugh2 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:24 pm

At least now it is a real 9m kite, instead of a .9m kite. :D

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:53 pm
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby alford » Wed May 12, 2021 3:01 am

One color?

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:53 pm
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby alford » Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 am

I wish they'd use more yellow on the kite, especially a bit on the leading edge.

User avatar
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 am
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby Havre » Wed May 12, 2021 8:16 am

I don't care much how they look, but not sure why they went with this orange thing when they added some colour? The XR6 looks a lot better in my opinion.

Then again I seem to disagree with quite a few brands when it comes to design. I absolutely love the main colours on the North Orbit. I think all three of them are really good choices, but I hate the contrasting colour and the way "Orbit" is written in the most boring font they could find (the North logo I think is one of the better).

Anyway. Since my update of quiver got delayed by one year these will be on my list. Will be interesting to hear what people got to say about them.

SolarSet
Frequent Poster
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:30 am
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: XR6 8m & 11m
Soul 15m
NHP Carbon Split 142
Zeeko Blaster + Fone Pocket V3 board 145cm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Core XR7

Postby SolarSet » Wed May 12, 2021 1:28 pm

Hugh2 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:24 pm
At least now it is a real 9m kite, instead of a .9m kite. :D
yes because it very easy to confuse size 6m & 9m when you see them on the water :D
These users thanked the author SolarSet for the post:
BillyKP (Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:53 am)
Rating: 6.67%


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 195 guests