Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Torque 2 Control System

Forum for kitesurfers
Lom
Rare Poster

Re: Naish Torque 2 Control System

Postby Lom » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:36 am

It’s terrible news. I'm waiting for my two new bars six months. Huge upset for Naish.

southernskip
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 80
Local Beach: Your moms beach
Favorite Beaches: Dunedin Harbour
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR6 7m
Eleveight XS V3 8m
North Orbit 21 11m
North Orbit 23 9/10m
Underground Crypt 135
Cabrinha Xcal Carbon 138
Core Fusion 137
Brand Affiliation: See gear. I wish

Postby southernskip » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:30 am

Dirk wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:17 pm
I think it is OEM. Looks identical to the QR Ocean Rodeo uses on their bars, as well as Harlem kites from the Netherlands.
Good spotting. Which means there are potential loop options
https://oceanrodeo.com/products/shift

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Faxie » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:29 pm

Dirk wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:17 pm
I think it is OEM. Looks identical to the QR Ocean Rodeo uses on their bars, as well as Harlem kites from the Netherlands.
Originally Liquid Force, but more brands used it. It's a decent QR, but a bit dated now.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:35 pm

southernskip wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:11 am
Dammit Naish... Picked up the new Torque 2.

Was hoping this would be a great bar after recall fiasco and the hardware on it looks great. But only one tiny loop in the bag and its not even the width of a common Mystic Stealth bar! No unhooking allowed for Mystic users!

A more minor issue: The red quick release has to move up for the click system to work so you cant touch it while reloading. One hand guides the loop. I don't know what you are supposed to hold with the other if the lines are under tension. Your hand will just slide down the PU line onto the red plastic. Not the safest.

Anyone know if there is another loop available for these bars?

272077977_471451741136174_8080019657319294954_n.jpg
I looks like you have the original stealth bar without the bridge at the base? Don't worry, you will unhook eventually :o There's a recall.

southernskip
Rare Poster
Eleveight XS V3 8m
North Orbit 21 11m
North Orbit 23 9/10m
Underground Crypt 135
Cabrinha Xcal Carbon 138
Core Fusion 137

Postby southernskip » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:07 pm

Faxie wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:35 pm
I looks like you have the original stealth bar without the bridge at the base? Don't worry, you will unhook eventually :o There's a recall.
Yesssss! hahahaha :D That got a big laugh from me!! Aware of it. Unfortunately its a pro kiter hand me down.

Difficulty is finding a shop that will swap it
These users thanked the author southernskip for the post:
Faxie (Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:24 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,

Postby Saltyman » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:21 pm

IMG_20220128_071248_801.jpg
Looks like the torque 2 bar looks the same as mine.
The click system you are talking about is the reload of the loop not to change over loop sizes? Apart from that Naish have done a pretty good job in getting a new bar to market in 4-5 months. The new lines are a definite upgrade. No sticking on the pu it slides easily.
New cleat was slipping a bit on my 12m in 22 knots but not by much.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:25 am

southernskip wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:07 pm
Faxie wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:35 pm
Yesssss! hahahaha :D That got a big laugh from me!! Aware of it. Unfortunately its a pro kiter hand me down.

Difficulty is finding a shop that will swap it
Maybe try contacting Mystic directly? I broke 2 hooks before the recall happened... Glad it wasn't in big jumps....

Ilvit
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 93
Local Beach: Boomer Beach
Gear: Naish Dash
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Ilvit » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:49 pm

The updated torque 2 control system is available since Dec , 2021
I bought the torque 2 a few weeks ago at my local dealer. He was surprised too, how quick the updated version arrived at the shops. I'm still wondering why Naish did not announce it yet or advertise it all. Seems kind of stupid to me, but I'm not a marketing guy, so what do I know..

I'm really happy with the new system. Main difference for sure is the single PU center line and new quick release. There is absolutely no friction on the PU and this leds to a really featherweight bar feeling. Even though the system is 17grams heavier than the old control system.

The new Quick release ist about 2 inches shorter than the previous system, so your control bar comes noticable closer to your hands. I appreciate this compact design a lot. Unfortunable these di***eads also shortenend the chicken stick more than half an inch compared to the old system, so on my first session with the new system, the stick slips out my hook and i lost my kite while jumping.. You can bet i was quit annoyed after discovering this issue.

Be aware of that and check before your first use. The chicken stick slips so easily out the hook, while the kite is at 12 o'clock and you will loose it at your first rotation or jump. I did a quick workaround and installed the Ion Quicklock Hook on my Ion harness, so i don't have to use the stock chicken stick anymore.

Since I'm not into unhooking, I do like the micro loop, but I'm pretty sure there will be at least a slider and larger loop for unhooking in the future..
Overall the torque 2 control system seems to be high quality crafted and have a nice bar feeling.

southernskip
Rare Poster
Eleveight XS V3 8m
North Orbit 21 11m
North Orbit 23 9/10m
Underground Crypt 135
Cabrinha Xcal Carbon 138
Core Fusion 137

Postby southernskip » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:15 am

New lines are different from the torque 1 lines? Definitely looks like a solid bar otherwise. Can live with the kinda click kinda not reload. The satisfying clunk of the red part tells you its in clipped in hard. Not as easy as the North Navigator / Ozone Contact bars I've tried. Although had the North release randomly on me the other day on a hard landing which was disconcerting.

5 months was probably due to supply issues. From what i see they took the recalled bar design. Old lines and the chick loop / PU line / cleat is all Ocean Rodeo Pilot 2.0 standard.

Couldn't find a bigger loop option for Naish. Dealer wasnt aware of one and Naish riders are all still using the recalled bar so cant look to them for inspiration. Chicken loop can be switched out with a hex key round here an Ozone standard loop is obtainable and looks like it has the same design. Although given it hasnt been used yet, I might return it and swap for the Switch C5X. At < $400USD currently is looking like a great option. Same line quality. Only thing Naish has got over it is the bar width adjust.

Return to “Kitesurfing”