Forum for kitesurfers
Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Torque 2 Control System

Postby Matteo V » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Saltyman wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:47 am
But comparing a rope donkey with a plastic bit on the end is nothing like a solid plastic donkey like most leading brands are using.
Your just brand bashing 🤣.
Not a single chicken loop with the donkey dick properly installed is a reliable retention method. It is impossible for you to have kited on a regular basis for 20 years and not have had an issue with the CL coming undone unexpectedly. You are lying.

I'm starting to think this forum is almost 50% brand shills. I mean "brand bashing" is when someone makes an unfounded accusation. But I'm just calling out reality. And the 2 key points to the reality are:

1. This stupid idea has been done before and completely abandoned because of how disastrous it was

And

2. The chicken loop and donkey dick is not something you can completely rely on to maintain connection

Any brand...... any idiot designer with any brand..... deserves to get called out on bringing back a stupid design that was proven stupid 10 years ago. I cant even grasp 'how this is a thing' that we are revisiting.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Saltyman » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 pm

Lol like I said liquid force brought out the cam cleat spreader bar 6+ yrs ago it snapped as was made from abs plastic and now its been adopted by mystic in the stealth and it's hook snaps.
So are they just adopting a stupid old design that didn't work as well?.
Like I said the LF were plyable rope.
And you are brand bashing because on another topic about bars you say the same thing.
And I have never had one come out so I'm not lying or brand bashing 🤣.
You seem to have a big problem with something that you haven't even used or touched and it has 3 adaptors.

rnelias
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RJ, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Arubinha, RJ
Cumbuco, CE
Barra da Tijuca, RJ
Praia da Bica, RJ
Style: freeride
Gear: Boxer 9m for foiling
Rebel SLS 8m or Crave HL 9m for boosting on twintip

Postby rnelias » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:31 am

Matteo V wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:53 pm
Saltyman wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:47 am
But comparing a rope donkey with a plastic bit on the end is nothing like a solid plastic donkey like most leading brands are using.
Your just brand bashing 🤣.
Not a single chicken loop with the donkey dick properly installed is a reliable retention method. It is impossible for you to have kited on a regular basis for 20 years and not have had an issue with the CL coming undone unexpectedly. You are lying.

I'm starting to think this forum is almost 50% brand shills. I mean "brand bashing" is when someone makes an unfounded accusation. But I'm just calling out reality. And the 2 key points to the reality are:

1. This stupid idea has been done before and completely abandoned because of how disastrous it was

And

2. The chicken loop and donkey dick is not something you can completely rely on to maintain connection

Any brand...... any idiot designer with any brand..... deserves to get called out on bringing back a stupid design that was proven stupid 10 years ago. I cant even grasp 'how this is a thing' that we are revisiting.
based on your claims I suppose you only ride on rope/sliders as they will never undo accidentaly... forget about hooks. They fail all of a sudden as you know very well based on your large experience.

com'on... things evolve and the idea of a quick swap CL today is more appealing that it was in the past since we have a bunch of riders alternating different riding styles. In my case hydrofoil/rope and tt/hook and I usually have to swap the whole spreader bar. Acctually, I have two harnesses but I don't travel with both, of course. The stealthbar/rope allows for standard CL, however, that ring destroys any CL very fast.

rnelias
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RJ, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Arubinha, RJ
Cumbuco, CE
Barra da Tijuca, RJ
Praia da Bica, RJ
Style: freeride
Gear: Boxer 9m for foiling
Rebel SLS 8m or Crave HL 9m for boosting on twintip

Postby rnelias » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:34 am

Naish Torque 2 x Cabrinha Modular

Does anyone tried both?

From what I can judge from videos, the Naish package already comes with a leash besides 3 CL options and the Cabrinha quick release mechanism seems a taller making the connecting point farther from the rider than the Naish.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:09 pm

Saltyman wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 pm
....And you are brand bashing because on another topic about bars you say the same thing.
I saw that other topic first, and I genuinely thought it was a kiteboarding "April fools" joke. Then I saw this topic, and realized it could be for real.

And I absoutely don't care what brand is copying the failed Liquid Force CPR system from more than a decade ago. Any brand doing this would be equally stupid. But naish has a history of some pretty good CL releases. If this were Cabrinha..... well I'd kind of expect them to go back to thier old ways more so than Naish.

Saltyman wrote:
And I have never had one come out so I'm not lying or brand bashing 🤣.
You stated that you have been kiting for 20 years. You are going to have an extremely hard time finding another kiter who would belive you haven't had a chicken loop with a donkey dick properly installed come out at least once every 2 years, unless you didn't kite those 2 years. Again, you are lying, and everyone knows it.

Saltyman wrote:
You seem to have a big problem with something that you haven't even used or touched and it has 3 adaptors.
Yes, it is a copy of a failed design from 10+years ago. And it is true that I did not lose any of these myself. But watching a few kiters, who were more skilled than me, lose these parts for no apparent reason, was all of the experience that I needed. And the fact that even Liquid Force realized this concept was too stupid to continue to with, should be more than enough reason to pass up on this repeat disaster.

rugina
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Gear: Naish

Postby rugina » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:34 pm

Dirk wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:04 pm
I have put extra pigtails on the front lines for a more robust connection (the back lines come with pigtails) and adjusted the back line lengths accordingly.
Hey Dirk,
As I said earlier I'm planning to get this bar and have pig tails for all the lines.
Could you please help me to explain how you've adjusted to bar to accommodate this?

I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out what would be the simplest way to do this. In my mind one solution is to have shorter pigtails on the front lines and longer pigtails on the back lines. In this way I would not need to adjust the lines at all, correct? If this would be the case, how long should the front and the back pigtails should be?

When you say that you have adjusted the back lines length accordingly how did you do it?

Thanks a lot,
Ady

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:22 am

You can just add 4 equal length loop-loop pigtails, put 2 on the front lines at the end and the other 2 in between the pigtails of the backlines and the line. Other option is to get the backline pigtails in 1 piece 10cm longer than the fronts.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:12 pm

The bar has inserts at both ends, with which you can adjust the width. If you pull them out, you can adjust the length of the back lines, there are four knots on the line an inch away each.

samt9892
Rare Poster
Gear: none

Postby samt9892 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:57 am

I just went to order a Torque 2 bar here in Australia and was told they are subject to a safety recall, the shop is sending them all back to Naish??

Anyone know what's up?

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:36 pm

samt9892 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:57 am
I just went to order a Torque 2 bar here in Australia and was told they are subject to a safety recall, the shop is sending them all back to Naish??

Anyone know what's up?
This was posted a few days ago
The possible hazards related to these control systems include:

a) Potential for the SnapLock Quick Release to not properly disconnect when activated; and

b) Excessive wear of the TLS 400 Flying Lines may cause potential failure.
https://www.naishkites.com/safety-recal ... ol-system/
These users thanked the author Da Yoda for the post:
tautologies (Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:59 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”