Naish Torque 2 Control System

Forum for kitesurfers
Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Torque 2 Control System

Postby Matteo V » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:20 am

Wow,

Circa 2010 junk ideas being recycled????

I can remember 3 of these chicken loops being lost in lakes, one out in the ocean.
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post:
Faxie (Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:09 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:24 am

knotwindy wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:33 am
Or you could run the leash through it if long enough to not cause other problems. That’s how it used to be done.
Yup, then when your leash or clip/carabiner breaks, you still wait a week to get your replacement and a back up chicken loop.

I would suggest NOT traveling with this bar system.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:41 am

It comes with three in the box, so you could pack those as replacement. They don´t weigh too much...
These users thanked the author Dirk for the post:
tautologies (Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:21 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:49 am

[/quote]

Hey Dirk, could you please tell me how long are the pigtails that come with the bar? Asking this because if I want to add pigtails for all the lines the front ones should be shorter than the back ones and I want to understand what should be the difference between them.

Thanks
[/quote]

11cm with the loops at both ends straightened out.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:22 am

Dirk wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:41 am
It comes with three in the box, so you could pack those as replacement. They don´t weigh too much...
:thumb: :thumb:
Funny how people who have no idea give advice on this. Thanks for shutting that down.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:06 pm

tautologies wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:22 am
Dirk wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:41 am
:thumb: :thumb:
Funny how people who have no idea give advice on this. Thanks for shutting that down.
Ummmm??????? So 3 should last you a season? What about next season? Diapers, tampons, 2010 Liquid Force CPR chicken loops, and 2022 Naish chicken loops "beautifying" our oceans.... nice.

This is a simple reuse of a design which the entirety of the kiteboarding community realized was an extremely dumb idea more than a decade ago.

In my "Museum of Solutions to things that were never a problem in the first place", it looks like I need a special section. It will be called "failed solutions to things that were never a problem in the first place, but were tried again just to sell more gear". This will be playing in endless loop on the monitors -

Gotta love Futurama!

And maybe this is why even in the future, nothing works.

Love Spaceballs too! Funny how the most seemingly absurd commentary seems to be the most true to reality.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:40 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:06 pm

Ummmm??????? So 3 should last you a season? What about next season? Diapers, tampons, 2010 Liquid Force CPR chicken loops, and 2022 Naish chicken loops "beautifying" our oceans.... nice.

This is a simple reuse of a design which the entirety of the kiteboarding community realized was an extremely dumb idea more than a decade ago.

In my "Museum of Solutions to things that were never a problem in the first place", it looks like I need a special section. It will be called "failed solutions to things that were never a problem in the first place, but were tried again just to sell more gear". This will be playing in endless loop on the monitors -
:lol: :lol: How many times a year do you release your kite? Even if you do release your kite the CL stays on in 99.99% of the cases, because of the chickendick. Even if you do not use the CD it will in by far most cases stay on. At this point, I am wondering if you find it remotely strange to give advice on shit you have not even seen? :o :o

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:24 am

tautologies wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:40 pm
:lol: :lol: How many times a year do you release your kite? Even if you do release your kite the CL stays on in 99.99% of the cases, because of the chickendick. Even if you do not use the CD it will in by far most cases stay on. At this point, I am wondering if you find it remotely strange to give advice on shit you have not even seen? :o :o
I was there in 2010 when this "s--t" as you correctly call it, was new. I helped to look for 2 different detachable CL's. Didn't find either. One was before the notice came out to put your leash through the detachable CL. The other was after. It cost both of those guys a week+ of kite time. The other guys I saw lose the detachable CL I didn't know well enough to get the whole story. But one of them, I saw a month later with a different bar.

Naish, of all the brands, should have the ability to learn from the mistakes of the past. They made thier fair share of the mistakes in kiteboarding. But to take and duplicate the mistake of a defunct brand/competitor from 10 years ago??????????? There has got to be another stupid naish story about this one that will come out 4 to 5 years from now. I cant wait. Though I am curious as to if any other decade plus experienced kiter is starting to feel like we are living in "bizzaro kiteboarding world 2021".

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,

Postby Saltyman » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:47 am

Lol the LF donkey dick was plyable made from rope and the Naish is solid.
If you didn't know
In over 20yrs of kiting I have had never had a chicken loop let go once you have the donkey dick in it.
Especially Naish from 2016 onwards.
The recoil bar would let go sometimes when you bent over.
But LF scrapped the recoil bar because of this.
If you have never used a Naish chicken loop your statement is unfounded.
You also forgot to mention that LF were the innovators of the lock in spreader bar cam cleat but you aren't saying mystic are just copying an idea that didn't work which snapped and surprise surprise now 6 yrs on the mystic takes up the idea and the stealth hook snap.
But comparing a rope donkey with a plastic bit on the end is nothing like a solid plastic donkey like most leading brands are using.
Your just brand bashing 🤣.
People on here have already had sessions with the new bar and not one complaint about it letting go or slipping out.
Last edited by Saltyman on Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVL
Medium Poster

Postby KVL » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:53 am

Saltyman wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:47 am
In over 20yrs of kiting I have had never had a chicken loop let go once you have the donkey dick in it.
Especially Naish from 2016 onwards.
Very difference experience I got. Thou only with 15 years of kiting..

From 2015 till 2019/2020, I had two of the stiff donkey dicks break, due to too weak plastic.
As well on to different 2019/2020 I have had several unexpected releases on the CL due to weak plastic and poor bungees.
Last time the CL expected releases the safety line also broke as it could take the pull from the kite.. Call it a safety line - I call it a piece of thread. So much for 2 times faulty safety mechanisms.
I have seen similar of above on other fellow kiters.

I had to leave the Naish bar due to this - I have no more trust in the bar and the safety in it. Unfortunately.

The kites are great and am still a fan of the Pivot and the Boxer, but there has surely also been a drop of quality in the material last few years ((at lease my experience - different story - will spare you. :) ).

Return to “Kitesurfing”