Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Welcome to the Ocean Rodeo team, Keh-Lung Su

Postby Toby » Tue May 25, 2021 3:08 am

KEH-LUNG SU

or.jpeg

You'll catch this South African rider heading for the water's edge in some of Cape Town's most challenging wind conditions... His appetite for getting amongst it is formidable.
Just as comfortable in the waves as he is high above the water pulling megaloops, we're stoked to announce the addition of Keh-Lung Su to Ocean Rodeo's growing pro team.

"Equally at home going big strapped or strapless, we're excited to see Keh-Lung join the Ocean Rodeo team and make his GKA Wave tour appearance in 2021. A super fun rider both on and off the water."
Richard Myerscough, Ocean Rodeo CEO & Founder

WHO IS KEH-LUNG...

Nationality: Taiwanese / South African
Discipline: Wave / Strapless Freestyle
Favorite Spot: Kamers, Cape Town
Other Hobbies: Surfing, SUP, skating, hiking, camping, fishing

Welcome to the team Keh-Lung! So first tell us what made you gravitate toward the strapless surfboards when it came to kiting?
Thank you, it's great to be part of the family! Really it was just growing up as a staunch surfer that made me first veer toward strapless, I started kiting on my surfboards before I could even ride upwind properly.

Do you have a kiting idol?
I really admire Airton Cozzolino and James Carew. They are really pushing the strapless game in a direction I’m loving myself. Big Air!

What is one kiting trick or achievement you really want to nail?
I would have to say a strapless rodeo boogie loop. That's next on the list.

What would your dream kiteboarding trip look like?
Probably Indonesia. Thick warm barrels all day... dreamy.

How has kiting changed or shaped your life?
Kiting has probably kept me out of a lot of trouble! But truly kiting has allowed me to spend more time in the water, which I guess is the ultimate goal for anyone who loves the ocean.

Return to “Kitesurfing”