Re: Board shorts?

Postby elguapo » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Surfkiternew wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:28 am
elguapo wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:16 pm
Topaz wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:37 pm
@elguapo No one wants to see your dick :)

that is exactly it...
they don't. no one is looking.
because no one cares.

for the boardshort crew...do you guys also wear underwear when you shower at a gym?
...do you all refuse to use public urinals in restrooms?

i'm not judging... just curious. trying to understand this shyness thing.
Board leashes will save you from loosing your board, and they look super cool too!
absolutely.......
...until it kills you.

1) unbelievable still discussing why people don't show ass and cocks..there are many websites where you can possibly see them. on the beach I prefer to see those of the girls but tastes are tastes and I don't judge
2) if you use the leash with the helmet there are no big problems ... most use leash with surf in big waves nobody says anything
3) I prefer people who wear shorts to posers
no one cares about your ass or cock. no one is looking.. does not matter IF anyone can see because (again) NO ONE CARES.. but when you wear your short pants over a wetsuit it now drawms attention to the "hiding" of whatever shortcoming that persons has... google "streisand effect"

kiteboards see themselves as this...

but the reality is they are usally doing this...

yes, there is a place and need for a board leash on a surfboard (usually a length of less than board ideally.. and used only when risk of losing if high...or you'll get beat up for screwing up the line up)
... but there is zero use with a twin tip.
..amd i will go out on a limp and say for 99% of us ...we will vert rarely...if ever be in a situation where we actually "need" or should use a short boardleash

look at commandment #1

Beanie008
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Beanie008 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:45 pm

grigorib wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:30 pm
That aside there’s very practical purpose which is - if you can ride hard, if you’re very good and stand out on water, wear something distinct to be seen and recognized
This :cheers:

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:04 pm

elguapo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:33 pm
because no one cares.

no one cares about your ass or cock. no one is looking.. does not matter IF anyone can see because (again) NO ONE CARES.. but when you wear your short pants over a wetsuit it now drawms attention to the "hiding" of whatever shortcoming that persons has... google "streisand effect"
Apparently, you care, and a lot. I'm not the one criticizing or even thinking about what others wear or what kite gear use.

So, this wanna-be-influencer girl comes out with some funny ten commandments and we all have to follow? C'mon. You must have something better to throw at us. Since when dressing has to be 100% practical? Girls are experts in dressing to show and hide parts of their bodies.
Last edited by Topaz on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surfkiternew
Medium Poster
Gear: All

Postby Surfkiternew » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:09 pm

In Summer the guys who hate shorts over wetsuit .use speedo when kiting ? 😄😄Amazing😘😘😘

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:13 pm

^^ Totally, Speedo's and thungs. I see it all the time. Why to use shorts when the law only asks me to cover the dick and balls? LOL

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:16 pm

Lets see, when I think back to why I used to wear shorts over wetsuit these are the reasons I used to rationalize it.

Firstly likely fashion. Wetsuits were all black and boring
Second was seat protection for the suit, I rode a lot of boots back then and had to sit with the kite in the air more than I do now.
Third was the pocket with key elastic which I used consistently, but now that my keys are larger and electronic, I had to come up with a different solution.

Thats pretty much it.

Tastes change as do things like car keys and I no longer really sit with my kite in the air as I never ride boots anymore.
I also swim way more these days so I've gained a vest, but lost the shorts. Same with my shift from a drysuit to winter wetsuit. I swim enough to want the streamline, especially because I'm now in shoes which are pretty detrimental to good swim ability.

I still make choices based in fashion . I usually have a pair of light pants and a top I can throw on over the wetsuit at the margins of the season and take the wetsuit off at home. Super handy way to blend into society and not stand out like a freak in a wetsuit in say late November when you wanna gas up the car or pick up milk on the way home. I guess I'm still the freak, its just a bit more covert with the pants and top on!

I wear a neon green flotation/impact vest. At the cold margins, the green is exposed for safety reasons. Really its likely ineffective, but in the case someone is looking for me in the water, its a lot more visible than black! BUT, once it warms up, I generally wear a black water singlet over the vest that effectively hides the visible green. Fashion for sure. I absolutely prefer the aesthetic of the loose black singlet to the fake muscle look of the impact vest. My whole get up looks far less cosplay super hero with the singlet.

Our fashion choices are funny. I no longer hide my loins with shorts. but cover my armoured chest. Of course I personally feel my current set of kite clothes are better fashion than they have ever been, and I look back at my use of shorts phase and giggle a bit at myself in full understanding that I may giggle again looking back in another 10 years.

At first I could not at all enjoy the visual presentation of hydrofoiling. It all looked gangly and rather ugly compared to the aesthetic of a wake or surfboard. Foils don't even make sense to the unfamiliar and still raise eyebrows. I'm over that and have accepted that what I do doesn't look half as cool as what I was doing 10 or again 15 years ago under a kite. I mean people still ask: How high do you jump? and How fast do you go? Now I have to say, not very high at all and not really that fast either. But I kite for myself and myself only, so really I'm the only one who has to be content with what I'm doing and my fashion choices while doing it.

No I no longer wear shorts over a wetsuit, and truthfully it has streamlined my doing of this sport one more little bit. Has taken 20 years of constant evolution in gear and clothing to get to where I am now.

From windsurfing in full slick skin suits, to kiting in shorts over a wetsuit in boots, to strapless and now foiling. Pretty much all the gear is different now. Every piece has evolved, hard shell harness with no hook, Multiple wetsuits, the most comfortable helmet I've found (after a long and exhaustive search), weird little kites and the strangest looking board ever.

As whack as it all is, I'm much happier with my current kit and fashion. My feet are not cerated by zebra muscles, the top of my ears no longer look like beef jerky, and my fit and muscular loins are on full display for those who care to look.

I do know for sure that when I rock up at the beach, I am never, ever mistaken for a beginner. Every aspect of my movements speak of repetition, familiarity and calm calculated efficiency. I'm generally not there to pose and it's openly apparent.
These users thanked the author jumptheshark for the post:
Beanie008 (Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:17 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Topaz wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:04 pm
elguapo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:33 pm
because no one cares.

Apparently, you care, and a lot. I'm not the one criticizing or even thinking about what others wear or what kite gear use.

So, this wanna-be-influencer girl comes out with some funny ten commandments and we all have to follow? C'mon. You must have something better to throw at us. Since when dressing has to be 100% practical? Girls are experts in dressing to show and hide parts of their bodies.
brother man..

as i said.. if just one person can see the light... is ok to me.
(you dont have to be that person)

you wanna wear your boardshorts over your wetsuits... then you do it.
if being you means being the kook..
then go be you, man.

be the kook.

Surfkiternew
Medium Poster
Gear: All

Postby Surfkiternew » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:16 pm

if someone judges by clothing you are not a kook but a retard probably ...😄😄

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Surfkiternew wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:57 am
it's amazing in 2021 people can't dress the way they want without being ranked or judged
They dress the way they do specifically to be ranked and judged. It's called fashion, and it's the lowest form of primal communication.

tkaraszewski
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River/Caribbean
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone/Levitaz

Postby tkaraszewski » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:19 pm

It’s amazing to me that this is the most interesting kiting topic we can think of to talk about on here.

I don’t even wear boardshorts when it’s warm. I wear 2mm wetsuit shorts because I use a seat harness and tight-fitting shorts don’t bunch up under it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”