Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Rinse/Hang Gear: How do you do it in smaller spaces?

Forum for kitesurfers
alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Re: Rinse/Hang Gear: How do you do it in smaller spaces?

Postby alexeyga » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:25 pm

I can hardly see why this topic deserves being a topic. But then again - I haven't been exactly spoiled by living next to anything even remotely resembling an ocean shore.

In the absence of dedicated space / drying / washing facilities most of your gear, including kites, can be rinsed of in an average shower. Boards can be left to run of in the shower. Same for a kite - just takes a lot longer plus - you'd have to work it through the length quite a few times.

For everything else - there's a balcony. This contraption has been working for me for years:
Screenshot 2021-06-11 111106.png
Though it should be noted that the dude who took this picture - might do a much better job at what and how he hangs.

There's usually a drying cable - which works well for the wetsuit - if not, a few hooks or hangers are easy to add.

Basically - this isn't exactly a rocket science and shouldn't be an issue for anybody who's head serves other purposes decides eating in it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”