Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: FlySurfer 15m Boost (Need Support)

Postby SolarSet » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:55 am

s1buell_wl wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm
I wish some one from Flysurfer would enter here and let me know you there is any major design changes from the Boost13m and 15m.... If no then I know there is something else wrong.
There is a difference between 13 and 15 in fact that 15m is a Low wind version of this kite.

1. Check if your bar is trimmed (don't matter if it works on smaller kite, larger kites are more sensitive to bars being out of trim)
2. Check bridals on kite and Flysurfer gives this information on their website (kudos to FS for that)
3. Contact FS if you check above and feed info to them, they have good customer service

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:41 pm

If you want help from Flysurfer, contact them. Don't wait for them to find you, go to https://flysurfer.com/repair/ where you can email or phone them.

I have found them to be helpful and efficient. They also have line plans and other support material here https://flysurfer.com/downloads/

Freeride Kiter
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 230
Local Beach: Rasta Beach - El Sargento B.C.S. Mexico
Turnagain Arm - Anchorage, Alaska
Rufus - Rufus, Oregon
Style: Freeride
Gear: Flysurfer, Lift, Moses, Mystic, Ozone, Cabrinha, BBTalkin, Brunotti, Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer / Ozone / Lift / SABFoil / Mystic / Cabrinha / Slingshot /
Has thanked: 0

Postby Freeride Kiter » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:00 pm

Do you have the Adaptive Bridle installed on your FS BOOST3 15 LW? If so, check that the yellow line is not getting caught on the eyelets. If it is - then you can expect that the kite will pull like a freight train.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:55 am
s1buell_wl wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm
I wish some one from Flysurfer would enter here and let me know you there is any major design changes from the Boost13m and 15m.... If no then I know there is something else wrong.
There is a difference between 13 and 15 in fact that 15m is a Low wind version of this kite.

1. Check if your bar is trimmed (don't matter if it works on smaller kite, larger kites are more sensitive to bars being out of trim)
2. Check bridals on kite and Flysurfer gives this information on their website (kudos to FS for that)
3. Contact FS if you check above and feed info to them, they have good customer service
1. I fly with big kites so my bar is trimmed
2. Working on this (Bridal review, I have the lengths just need to sit down and measure to see if something funky is going on their)
3. I will also contact them direct, Thanks for the info.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Freeride Kiter wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:00 pm
Do you have the Adaptive Bridle installed on your FS BOOST3 15 LW? If so, check that the yellow line is not getting caught on the eyelets. If it is - then you can expect that the kite will pull like a freight train.
No I have the default setup. I don't like to kite in light wind so I've never messed with this. My Ozone 15m edges work the best for me in 18-22kns (emmmm power).

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:49 pm

drsurf wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:41 pm
If you want help from Flysurfer, contact them. Don't wait for them to find you, go to https://flysurfer.com/repair/ where you can email or phone them.

I have found them to be helpful and efficient. They also have line plans and other support material here https://flysurfer.com/downloads/
Thanks man.... I'm on that link....

Already sent an email.

BTW guys the 13m Boost is a machine! Wow I'm in love.... I thought the XR7 was nice....

Freeride Kiter
Rare Poster
Rufus - Rufus, Oregon
Gear: Flysurfer, Lift, Moses, Mystic, Ozone, Cabrinha, BBTalkin, Brunotti, Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer / Ozone / Lift / SABFoil / Mystic / Cabrinha / Slingshot /

Postby Freeride Kiter » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:30 pm

s1buell_wl wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:48 pm
Freeride Kiter wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:00 pm
No I have the default setup. I don't like to kite in light wind so I've never messed with this. My Ozone 15m edges work the best for me in 18-22kns (emmmm power).
Last question - which bar are you using on the 15m? If not a FS bar - does it have a high or low 'Y'

Regards

Instalexandrem
Rare Poster
Weight: 87
Local Beach: Around Switzerland
Gear: F-One Bandit 10m
F-One One 13m
Trax 142
Been thanked: 0

Postby Instalexandrem » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:59 am

s1buell_wl wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:49 pm
BTW guys the 13m Boost is a machine! Wow I'm in love.... I thought the XR7 was nice....
Boost 3 or 4?

I hope you fixed your issue btw.

Freeride Kiter
Rare Poster
Rufus - Rufus, Oregon

Postby Freeride Kiter » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:34 pm

We have been riding the BOOST4 (sizes 9m, 11m, and 13m) up here in Alaska and can confirm. All sizes are fantastic, finely tuned machines. We also have (and love) 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, & 15m BOOST3 - they are great kites, fly well and are solid! We teach on both and are keeping them. FS no longer makes the BOOST smaller than a 9m.

Return to “Kitesurfing”