Forum for kitesurfers
KiteRunner
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Crandon Park/Miami Beach
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

2021 Duotone Neo SLS

Postby KiteRunner » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:56 pm

I need some feedback for anyone with experience with the new NEO SLS.

I weight about 200lbs, ride a surfboard, and usually ride a 7M or a 9M Ozone REO.

I am told the new NEO SLS has a huge wind-range, so I am thinking of getting a 10M NEO SLS and hoping it can work on a wide range of wind between 15knots to 25knos.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 2021 Duotone Neo SLS

Postby omg » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:45 am

I'm 175lbs and have 8 and 10 SLS Neos. I've been riding Neos since 2017 models onwards. I mainly ride strapless freestyle and then waves when we get them, but not very often.

Neos are gruntier than Reos, so I don't know if you have been able to ride Reo 9m at 15knots? If so, then for sure Neo SLS 9m will work well. 10m is quick but it's still in between the bigger and smaller feeling kites, ie 9m and 12m. However, 10m turns well, in good winds I can loop the kite one handed very well when doing rodeo. It drifts a bit better than the normal version, and I find the highend to be better as well.

For pure wave riding at 25 knots avg. wind I would def. choose smaller size, I'm very happy with 8m then so perhaps 9m would work for you. However, at 15 knots without bigger gusts, I would say 9m might be a bit struggling?

Hope this helps a bit.

Have you checked this review for example (many can be found online)?:
viewtopic.php?t=2410279&p=1141760

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:33 am

Aluula Roam 10m will get you that wind range, but more $ though, but I’ve found here Reo riders generally gel better with the Roam than the Neo so I don’t think you would regret it.

Demo if you can though, everyone is different

LukaszS
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 95kg
Local Beach: Ustka, Rowy, Dąbki, Kuźnica
Favorite Beaches: Ustka/Rowy, Sotavento,
Style: Wave/freeride
Gear: North Carve, North Charge, Duotone Pro Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby LukaszS » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:04 am

I'm 96kg (ca 210 lbs), I have 9 and 7 Neo SLS and I can confirm that 8 and 10 would suit be better for strapless wave. Neo is definately gruntier compared to REO. I dont have comparizon of highends, but Neo works very well in its upper range and gusty conditions.

Return to “Kitesurfing”