Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha bar - broken part

Forum for kitesurfers
beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha bar - broken part

Postby beebad » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:14 pm

Dont FK around with diy repair. The thing comes apart while kiting and you get into a death loop, you will only have your dumbass to blame. Buy a new or used GD Cabrinha bar. They are not expensive compared to lesson you will learn for not doing so. Send a picture of your bar to Cabrinha ( adventure sports) and follow the lead of the manufacturer for chrissakes.

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:31 pm

It doesn't look to me that a broken rubber float will lead into a death loop. However, it looks like an old bar. I agree to the advice of getting a new bar, just the bar itself and reuse the lines and quick release if they are in good shape.

beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.

Postby beebad » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:47 am

Topaz wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:31 pm
It doesn't look to me that a broken rubber float will lead into a death loop. However, it looks like an old bar. I agree to the advice of getting a new bar, just the bar itself and reuse the lines and quick release if they are in good shape.
A broken rubber float sitting in a drawer certainly wont be involved in a death loop.

Look at the first picture. If that thing comes apart while in use a line can become snagged in between the broken pieces. KEYWORD: broken.

I am not getting in a pissing match over this. It can be an entertaining video article on youtube or a story with a tragic ending that began here. LOL

A broken control bar is a safety hazard-should be a no brainer to replace it. I can understand how expensive shit is to replace. Fkg roll the dice man… This is not a cheap sport, if he wants to DIY with something as critical as the control bar, who the fk am We to keep a stupid thing from happening?

He could GO FULL GHETTO, or FULL COLLEGE CHIQUE and wrap grey gorilla or duct tape around broken area and boost through the rough patch he is going through until he can save up for a used bar. Ok, i am getting ridiculous here..good luck!

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:28 pm

You don't want to use a bar with no floats because you can get line wraps around the bar very easily. Better to ghetto fix it than take the float off entirely that's what I think. I like many of the fix suggestions above.

Return to “Kitesurfing”