Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core Sensor 3 chicken loop releasing on it own

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core Sensor 3 chicken loop releasing on it own

Postby Faxie » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:08 pm

nherbold wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:03 pm
600 euro's and the solution is to give it a few yanks before heading out...that hopefully prevents the CL from opening up unexpectedly....I love it

So worth every cent
But you're not only buying a bar, you're buying happiness :naughty:
These users thanked the author Faxie for the post:
iriejohn (Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Gestalt
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 186lbs
Favorite Beaches: Long Bay - Turks & Caicos
Style: Wave, Freeride, Foil & Big Air
Gear: 8m & 10m OR Aluula Roam
9m XR7
12m Evo Dlab
12m & 15m FS Sonic 4
TT: Boardschmiede 135x40
Foil: North Sonar 1150cm2

Postby Gestalt » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:07 am

I had this issue twice. Not saying this is your case, but in my case I realized the QR was not properly inserted into the latch mechanism. It's not exactly intuitive, and it's possible to incorrectly put the metal loop (from the chicken loop) up too high and slide the top cover down, and think you have a correct hold. It can even work for multiple sessions, until enough of a sideways force pulls it loose. I inadvertently had put it in wrong once, and it seems someone else I lent my kite too did as well.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:29 pm

Take my 2 cents with caution as I'm speaking about an old ESP bar. I bought an XR 11 in 2010, then (I think) in 2012 I had the same problem reported here. I wrote to Core and explained the problem. They sent me a courier to fetch my bar, they checked it and there was a problem with the internal spring. They fixed the problem and sent me the bar back in a few days FOR FREE (note that warranty was over from an year or so...).
Maybe you'd better contact Core and ask them first, their after sale service is great.

spagi
Rare Poster
Gear: North Dice
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby spagi » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:00 pm

As I said I had discussed with Core Service and they had proposed to send it there for inspection.
I just got it back today. They said that they did not find any noticeable damage with the system but to be sure they replaced the entire quick release with a new one and did a series of checks. I can tell this is the case because I had some decolorization and scratch on the previous which are now gone.
I have the bar for 4 months so I assume the guarantee still applies (6 month).

I will try it out on my next sessions and keep you updated.

Regarding Core customer support I have only good things to say, they checked it really fast after it arrived and shipped it also within 2 days. Also email communication was quite nice.

fzonatto
Medium Poster
Local Beach: none
Favorite Beaches: Guriu
Style: freeride
Gear: north rebel

Postby fzonatto » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:33 pm

spagi wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:00 pm
As I said I had discussed with Core Service and they had proposed to send it there for inspection.
I just got it back today. They said that they did not find any noticeable damage with the system but to be sure they replaced the entire quick release with a new one and did a series of checks. I can tell this is the case because I had some decolorization and scratch on the previous which are now gone.
I have the bar for 4 months so I assume the guarantee still applies (6 month).

I will try it out on my next sessions and keep you updated.

Regarding Core customer support I have only good things to say, they checked it really fast after it arrived and shipped it also within 2 days. Also email communication was quite nice.
Well that is very good, I am having some problema with Duotone they told me to with YouTube vídeo (the one I specifically said that I watched and have done already) it is my last Duotone BTW won't buy anulymore

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing

Postby bkkite » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Ive had 60+ sessions on mine with nothing funky happening. Happy they went to the standard quick release.

I do check mine every session before launching out of habit, and make sure I clear sand

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:41 pm

This is not related to a Core Sensor 3 - but yesterday I checked by Reedin (V1) THREE times before going out (as it was windy) & after approx 1 hour in powered conditions, I was coming down from a jump and pulled the bar hard to loop it around & the chicken loop released !! Fortunately, I was only a few metres above the water and just splashed down, but the kite went into a death loop & I just released the lot... all recovered & OK. Although this is my first unwanted release ever (in over 20yrs of kiting - yes I'm old), it just shows any bar can & will release. The upside is that they do release, compared to the shackles we used to use !!!!

notamondayperson
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Castelldefels, Sant Pere Pescador
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freeride - Old school
Gear: Core XR6 12M
Core XR5 9m
Core XR4 7m
Core XR4 15m
Core Sensor 3+ Bar
Board: Clash Reincarnation 140cm

Postby notamondayperson » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:14 pm

I got both sensor 3+ and sensor3 pro, and had other problems with them but never an auto release. The 3+ might have 60sesions and about 20 on the pro. I hope it keeps that way.

daspi
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lynn - Nahant Long Beach, Revere Beach, Dog Beach
Favorite Beaches: The beach I can get to within 10-15 minutes
Gear: Neo 9/7m, Eleveight FS 12m, 9m and Core XR5 7m, Core Section 8,10,12m
and lots of other junk kites in the shed
Cabrinha Custom, Duotone Jamie Textreme
Surfboards: F-ONE Mitu 5'6", Tomo Vader, Kiteloose Nirvana, Cabrinha Skillit
Foil: F-ONE Pocket with Cloud 9 mast and wing

Postby daspi » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:09 pm

Just want to add that I had latching issues with my Eleveight bar in 2019 too. Now the newer models work smoother. As to the Core Sensor 2+, yes the release was a bit harder to reset on the water. I had a slider rope break on me and I had to open the chicken loop and feed it around the safety leash ring on my harness. Took me not too long. So yes, it works just fine. The newer click in release systems are certainly a lot easier. On that note I was surprised to see the Core Sensor 3 NOT using a click in system. Why the hell not go all the way and create a modern release system with click in simplicity? Blows my mind. Otherwise I am a fan of Core products. Currently riding Core and Eleveight kites btw.

Gestalt
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 186lbs
Favorite Beaches: Long Bay - Turks & Caicos
Style: Wave, Freeride, Foil & Big Air
Gear: 8m & 10m OR Aluula Roam
9m XR7
12m Evo Dlab
12m & 15m FS Sonic 4
TT: Boardschmiede 135x40
Foil: North Sonar 1150cm2

Postby Gestalt » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:59 pm

Gestalt wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:07 am
I had this issue twice. Not saying this is your case, but in my case I realized the QR was not properly inserted into the latch mechanism. It's not exactly intuitive, and it's possible to incorrectly put the metal loop (from the chicken loop) up too high and slide the top cover down, and think you have a correct hold. It can even work for multiple sessions, until enough of a sideways force pulls it loose. I inadvertently had put it in wrong once, and it seems someone else I lent my kite too did as well.
I took some photos to illustrate the point. Hopefully this saves some people. The easiest way to see if it has been inserted incorrectly is to make sure the top case is flush with the bottom. Or crack it open and make sure the loop is hooked into the bottom part and not across the top portion of the metal piece.
core 3 wrong way.jpg
core 3 right way.jpg

Core really needs to re-engineer this mechanism to make it more dummy proof, and make the bottom insert location more obvious.

Return to “Kitesurfing”