Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best Overall Line Length?

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:19 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:39 pm
Faxie wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:11 pm
I can't be bothered to ride different lengths anymore.
Me neither.

A few years ago I switched from Slingshot bars/lines with 23m lines to Ozone bar/lines with 25m lines because I found that the line length from the bars to the end of the Slingshot and Ozone lines was virtually identical.

So with that caveat I use Ozone 25m lines with Ozone Enduro V2 7/9/12m and will also with the Ozone Alpha V2 14m which is scheduled to arrive in August/September 2021.

(I also have a bar with 27m lines but rarely use it, and only with 14m+ kites in very light wind marginal conditions).

Not sure we disagree, I dont bother changing line lengths either.

Meaning, having line extensions you put on or take off dont make sense, if you ride quite often.

You could have two bars (or more) and change bars according to what you want - but I dont bother with this either.

Each kite has its own "best" line length for me, overall - so I let the bar stay connected, or use a couple of different bars for the kites.

But I never change linelength on a given size nomore, have experimented and experienced so much using different lengths, that I am not in doubt which to use now.

Changing is a no-go, and changing extensions is even more a no-go for me, as I also dont wanna be bothered wasting time on this :naughty:

Different kites/sizes, different line lengths for me, but i dont change.

8) Peter
These users thanked the author Peter_Frank for the post:
knotwindy (Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:28 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best Overall Line Length?

Postby iriejohn » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:35 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:19 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:39 pm
Faxie wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:11 pm
I can't be bothered to ride different lengths anymore.
Me neither.

A few years ago I switched from Slingshot bars/lines with 23m lines to Ozone bar/lines with 25m lines because I found that the line length from the bars to the end of the Slingshot and Ozone lines was virtually identical.

So with that caveat I use Ozone 25m lines with Ozone Enduro V2 7/9/12m and will also with the Ozone Alpha V2 14m which is scheduled to arrive in August/September 2021.

(I also have a bar with 27m lines but rarely use it, and only with 14m+ kites in very light wind marginal conditions).
Not sure we disagree, I dont bother changing line lengths either.
In other words, we agree. :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”