Forum for kitesurfers
McLovin
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 124 kg
Local Beach: The Columbia River Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Rufus & Rooster - sandy ones with smooth wind
Style: TT - Newbie Foiler
Gear: Armstrong FOIL - SS Dwarfcraft - North Code Zero 7,8 - CORE Section 4,5 XR 7,9 Ocean Rodeo RISE (A) 9/10/11 Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5(A), CARVE Imperator 151cm TT and Crazy Fly Raptor 140cm Neon TT - Ocean Rodeo Ignites Drysuit - Mystic Majestic 5/4 4/3 other stuff...
Brand Affiliation: Just stuff I like... THANKS Armie!

Logic for Core XR CIT Settings?

Postby McLovin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Happy to report that my NEW XR's are exceeding my expectations, had my best 6/7 days ever this last month since making the switch...

That said, they come with the middle settings on the CIT (leading edge) and middle setting on the wingtips. So I'm ready to try moving things around but wondering if there is a logic that should guide this process, understanding I can make one move at a time and do some trial & error, it seems there should be some combinations that are more optimal of the 9 possible.
2021-07-26_10-58-54.png
2021-07-26_10-58-54.png (15.47 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
2021-07-26_10-58-45.png
2021-07-26_10-58-45.png (44.2 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
Anyone have some input on this from experience? Please advise.

Thanks in advance...

Mc

:dance:

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Logic for CORE XR CIT Settings?

Postby Matty V » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:50 pm

Currently On 6,8,10 XR6

Have had XR4 and 5 and across sizes 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and 13.5

Separate what you are trying to achieve

Find the CIT setting you like then the Rear lines will deal with bar pressure/effort required to make the kite turn for a given setting of the front CIT

Free style makes for a more aggressive pull on the bar less despiser is achieved for a given bar movement

Middle is middle feel

Wave? Gives more depower per bar movement least

Biggest I use is the 10 and for very light air I will use the freestyle setting if I just want power, set like that you can over sheet the kite though especially if your trying to creep up on a foil or race board, you will pile on the trim strap once up and going.

Middle I use for everything and it has enough top end to be comfy, my smallest is a 6m and I am 105kg

Will alternate between middle and freestyle CIT on all the kites, rear lines always on the furthest back/lightest bar pressure setting

Ianw
Medium Poster
Local Beach: UK - South Coast
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR8, Lieuwe Falcon & Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: None - Cost me a fortune!!!
Has thanked: 0

Re: Logic for Core XR CIT Settings?

Postby Ianw » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:24 am

McLovin wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 pm
Happy to report that my NEW XR's are exceeding my expectations, had my best 6/7 days ever this last month since making the switch...

That said, they come with the middle settings on the CIT (leading edge) and middle setting on the wingtips. So I'm ready to try moving things around but wondering if there is a logic that should guide this process, understanding I can make one move at a time and do some trial & error, it seems there should be some combinations that are more optimal of the 9 possible.

2021-07-26_10-58-54.png2021-07-26_10-58-45.png

Thanks in advance...

Mc

Hi I have the 12 & 9m I fly both on 24m lines & both on the outer setting (super easy) for fastest turning speed & tightest turning circle. For the CIT I prefer the wave setting for the 12m to give lonest hang time and the freeride setting for the 9m.

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing

Postby bkkite » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:45 pm

I've got XR4s in 9m,12m, 15m, and used to have a 19m.

For twin tipping and boosting, I always left everything in the middle.

I've started to foil more, and I've put the CIT on the wave setting when I do that.

Dingus
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: What’s not broken
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dingus » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 am

I have a combination of both nexus and section core kites. I only ride strapless in waves- so boosting and drifting.

I feel the same and could repeat everything matty v says about the front bridal settings on two different core models. Would just add- I prefer to use the freestyle setting as find it is more powerful, with more intuitive bar feed back, and most forgiving to kite piloting errors.

Only using middle and wave settings to depower the kite. Find the wave setting ‘twitchy’ so generally avoid and use a smaller kite.

The only exception to this is when upwind ability is essential(offshore wind) and then wave setting it is.

Perhaps I can boost higher in the wave setting but most of the time pilot error ruins that.

flying doctor
Frequent Poster

Postby flying doctor » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:31 pm

McLovin wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 pm

2021-07-26_10-58-54.png2021-07-26_10-58-45.png

Thanks in advance...

Mc

Hi, I've been using my new XR7 10M for a couple of sessions now and am also wondering about the CIT settings. Have you gained any experience over the past period?

Especially for kiteloops I'm wondering if the wave setting will make it loop tighter/faster.

Loving the XR7 btw, more hight and hangtime compared to the 2019 pivot 9m it has replaced. Just a great big air kite!

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:07 am

I have xr6’s in 11 and 9m have tried changing them around but only between freestyle and free ride so far. I liked the 9m on the freestyle but wasn’t so keen on the 11m. I am also curious what cot settings the big jumpers on the xr’s have theirs set to. Those that hitting jumps of 15m plus??

trendab
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 86
Local Beach: Urnersee Switzerland
Style: Freeride, Foil
Gear: Gong, Fone, Anton, Slingshot, Naish

Postby trendab » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:22 pm

As to the logic for these settings - here's how CORE explains it:

These users thanked the author trendab for the post:
flying doctor (Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:40 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

flying doctor
Frequent Poster

Postby flying doctor » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:41 pm

trendab wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:22 pm
As to the logic for these settings - here's how CORE explains it:

This makes it more clear, I'll try with the settings and see for myself but are there any XR7 10m riders who have a preference already?
Especially for looping I can imagine the C-shape freestyle setting has more power through the loops

Return to “Kitesurfing”