Local Beach: la manga
Favorite Beaches: la manga
Style: freeride
Gear: airush, evo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Manera Harness sizing

Postby petato2 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:00 am

Hi I am looking for a Manera harness and have my doubts on sizing.

According to the size chart on Manera's web site I should be ordering an XL, but I am just on the lowest range of XL sizing ( I am 94-95 cm waist).

I have always used L sizes on other brands, currently using and ION Apex L that is asking me for retirement.

Does anyone has experience with Manera harness sizing, are they true to size, bit bigger or bit smaller than the recomended size chart ?

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

Bernardo

brighamj
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 78kg
Favorite Beaches: My backyard
Gear: Duotone and Core Kites and Bars
Duotone Jaime, Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: Manera Harness sizing

Postby brighamj » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:28 pm

I have a Manera Eclipse in Medium and find that it is pretty close to other brands in sizing. FWIW, I didn’t really like my Manera. It has some rigid plastic points where the waist straps connect. I took a crash and these blew my ribs apart. I bought a Mystic Stealth and it absolutely blows it away in comfort and weight. If it broke, I would buy another Mystic in a second.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Re: Manera Harness sizing

Postby nothing2seehere » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:12 pm

My experience with the sizing was that it was true to sizing on the size chart.

I bought a cheap Exo to try out. Liked it so much I bought an Eclipse which I like but is a very different harness. The Exo will slip round so its much nicer for surfing and foiling. I'll probably hang on to the Exo because its so versatile and its good for travelling as it goes flat for packing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”