Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Why are Core kite so expensive?

Postby Matty V » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 am

Kristan wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 am
Dunno about the pricing in your area, but for us Core kites are the most expensive ones. Converting into $ our prices look like this:
Core XR7 12m - 1995$
Eleveight XS v2 12m - 1385$
Duotone Rebel 2021 12m - 1714$
North Orbit 2021 12m - 1915$

All of those kites are sewn at the same factory.
One of those kites has a two year product cycle.. (core)

The rebel will only be d-lab going forward so Chuck another $1000 dollars on there too..

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:37 am

Matty V wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 am
Kristan wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 am
Dunno about the pricing in your area, but for us Core kites are the most expensive ones. Converting into $ our prices look like this:
Core XR7 12m - 1995$
Eleveight XS v2 12m - 1385$
Duotone Rebel 2021 12m - 1714$
North Orbit 2021 12m - 1915$

All of those kites are sewn at the same factory.

The rebel will only be d-lab going forward so Chuck another $1000 dollars on there too..
Where do you take this info from. From what I have heard neo for instance will come in all 3 types. Dice this year comes in oridinary 2022 model and sls. Have not seen non sls rebel 2022 yet but there is the 2021 model still around (probably just like evo will come in new colourways).

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:38 am

Matty V wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 am

Only fanbois will buy D-lab version soon to find that they can't repair it if inything happens.

I still don't see the point of buying Core XR when you can have way cheaper Eleveight XS that also sets Woo records.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Matty V » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:47 am

What’s the point in any other kite brands if Eleveight/best ate the cheapest kites…

Oh yeah choice? Market forces?

The question was about core being expensive, despite proving that other brands have either higher price or higher priced models it now gets pulled down to fan Bois…

Wrogu.

Core run a two year product cycle, that is simple fact.

As for being wrong about the other stuff? I was the only person here to state that Duotone would be using alulla in their range a good two months before anything crept out on here so let’s see who is right..

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:10 pm

Matty V wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:47 am
What’s the point in any other kite brands if Eleveight/best ate the cheapest kites…

Oh yeah choice? Market forces?

The question was about core being expensive, despite proving that other brands have either higher price or higher priced models it now gets pulled down to fan Bois…

Wrogu.

Core run a two year product cycle, that is simple fact.

As for being wrong about the other stuff? I was the only person here to state that Duotone would be using alulla in their range a good two months before anything crept out on here so let’s see who is right..
Two months is nothing to long term company plans (to abandon dacron/pentatx thing) and move alula only. That is a bold statemt.
However I would expect a slow creep towards sls only. Given every brand increases their kite prices at current pace. Pure speculation.

P.S. as DT is more transparent now what is in the making - oridinary new evo is being prototyped now. And regarding alula - it has been in the making since 2018 or 2019 - there was even an article about that. And Dlab juice has been in the wild since late may.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:33 pm

Seems to me that a longer lifecycle would make the product cheaper for the brand itself, not having to change the design/construction and marketing every year. Though you can look at it another way from a sellers perspective... new kites that are almost 2 years old can still be sold at the same price as when they were initially released. Good for the second hand market too.

Core is certainly not cheap, but over here there a plenty of brands that are similar priced or a bit higher even.

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Matty V » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:40 pm

Cool, wrogu, sounds like you agree Duotone costs more than Core then

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:58 pm

Matty V wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:40 pm
Cool, wrogu, sounds like you agree Duotone costs more than Core then
I have not mentioned core pricing in this topic at all.

But I do not agree. Comparing oridinary constructions core is more expensive.

If you want to compare premium stuff - carved carbon boards are more expensive than sls boards, but who cares ?

Wait till Decathlon kites get good and popular 😉 12m under 900 euro new.

GregK
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Comox, BC
CANADA
Style: Average
Gear: Lift V2 Surf & HA wingsets
Ocean Rodeo kites & wings
Brand Affiliation: started Comox Kite Repair

Postby GregK » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:39 pm

Kristan wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:38 am
Only fanbois will buy D-lab version soon to find that they can't repair it if anything happens.
Not so - we've been repairing OR Aluula kites at CKR for over a year now. They can be repaired with the same technique as used on Dacron kites ( patching with similar material held in place with PSA adhesive and reinforced with stitching ). Aluula repairs do take a bit longer because there's about twice as much stitching required. Also it may take a while until the Aluula repair material is widely available as currently the limited production of the fabric is in such high demand. As Aluula production is scaled up, this issue will be solved.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:51 pm

Kristan wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:38 am
I still don't see the point of buying Core XR when you can have way cheaper Eleveight XS that also sets Woo records.
100% +1.
I was implying that in my post on page 1. Core is for fools. As already said, the more it costs, the more people (idiots) think it's better, either flying-wise or construction-wise.
Another fact is black and white canopy material is the cheapest to purchase in bulk, so it makes me wonder what they are actually charging for.

Return to “Kitesurfing”