Gear: Zian Aquilla v3 14m
North Rebel 10
Eleveneight Rs v3 8m
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

2020 Airrush One + Airrush Progression bar V3

Postby pwoap » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:33 am

Hi,

I'm a beginner kiter. At the moment I own older (probably 2010+) North Rebel 10m2 and Zian Aquila 3 14m2.
Due all the problems with the old kites I'm now looking for a new kite that is easy to use and progress on. Something to keep for years.
Due my size, weight and my local average wind conditions I find that 12m2 fits me best. My local dealer has a good deal on Airrush gear and I'm interested in Airrush One + Progression bar V3.

Firstly is there anyone riding a newer Airrush One kite and can give a honest feedback on it?

I'm aware that it's beginner freindly, but as I progress and want to learn some smaller jumps and perhaps surfkite and I'm concerned if that single strut kite justifies itself or should I be looking for a three strut kite straight away?
Also any feedback on how durable all it's construction is?

Secondly as I'm considering Airrussh progression bar v3.
How durable is the bar itself?
Depower: it has a strap depower system and I know that some people are more used with a cam cleat and find strap system annoying, but if we put that annoying part a side and look the practical side then which system works better ? I've used it once on my Zian Aquilla 3 14m2 kite and depower didn't seem to work that well, but it was also gusty and I didn't have time to rig the lines properly (I find that Aquilla 3 14m2 works better when the power lines are a bit longer than steering lines).

Coloradokiter
Medium Poster

Re: 2020 Airrush One + Airrush Progression bar V3

Postby Coloradokiter » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi. I teach and personally ride the ONE and use that bar in our school. For the money it is a great kite for overall everything. Super easy relaunch, it does jump well just not to the moon and it flies real well for riding strapless in the surf. If the price is right it will not disappoint you.
These users thanked the author Coloradokiter for the post:
pwoap (Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:06 am)
Rating: 3.03%

pwoap
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 73
Local Beach: Tallinn
Style: Freeride
Gear: Zian Aquilla v3 14m
North Rebel 10
Eleveneight Rs v3 8m
Been thanked: 0

Postby pwoap » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:13 am

Coloradokiter wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:23 pm
Hi. I teach and personally ride the ONE and use that bar in our school. For the money it is a great kite for overall everything. Super easy relaunch, it does jump well just not to the moon and it flies real well for riding strapless in the surf. If the price is right it will not disappoint you.
What about bar compatibly with other kite brands?

Coloradokiter
Medium Poster

Postby Coloradokiter » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Airush bars have changeable pigtails at the end of the lines that are super easy to swap. That makes it compatible with any kite.
These users thanked the author Coloradokiter for the post:
pwoap (Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:53 pm)

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:01 pm

No matter how old Rebel is it is a high performance kite compared to One or Litium or DNA. Nothing wrong with these kites but they have more bar pressure than Rebel. Lowish AR delta kite is more grunty - if this is good or bad is a matter of taste.

Rebel at least had remarkably short sheeting range but it still allowed good depower. Rebel has been the boosting kite other kites have been compared to. For a beginner or progression kiter I don't see much relevance or advantage to use one strut kite. You should have decent wind and then all kites work just fine no matter if they have 3, 5 or 6 struts. More struts more solid kite is, that is a fact.

Clam cleat is simpler and cleaner and works practically better than strap systems. It lasts longer. Straps wear out, start to slip and finally brake under stress.
These users thanked the author kitexpert for the post:
pwoap (Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:05 pm)

elmarco
Medium Poster

Postby elmarco » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:12 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:01 pm
or a beginner or progression kiter I don't see much relevance or advantage to use one strut kite. You should have decent wind and then all kites work just fine no matter if they have 3, 5 or 6 struts. More struts more solid kite is, that is a fact.
I disagree.
More struts = more weight, more prone to stalling out when it gets light, one more thing for a beginner to worry about
High aspect big air kites drive too far upwind for a beginner and are prone to Hindenburg @ 12. The extra weight of a 5 strut doesn't help.

The lighter the kite, the easier it is to fly for a beginner.

The One + progression can take you a long way. For the majority of riders it will take you as far as you'll likely ever go.
I recommend getting it. After that, demo kites when you have the opportunity and figure out exactly what it is you prefer. I think you'd be surprised how long you'll prefer the One over other kites, especially at that price point.
These users thanked the author elmarco for the post (total 2):
Coloradokiter (Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:33 pm) • pwoap (Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:06 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Return to “Kitesurfing”