Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Leading Edge bladder repair advise

Forum for kitesurfers
Saxy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 180
Local Beach: Myrtle Beach. South Carolina
Favorite Beaches: Grand Bahama Island. Dominican Republic, Cherry Grove Beach South Carolina
Style: Beginner
Gear: Cabrinha Kites and Slingshot Board
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Leading Edge bladder repair advise

Postby Saxy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 am

Mike101 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:38 pm
Did it explode when you pumped it? Did you wrap the ends properly and fold them over themselves I to their little pockets before velcro-ing shut? They need to be locked to pocket thing.
I am not sure how this damage occurred. I purchased this kite used and I knew it had a bladder issue before I bought it. I just did not know the extent of the damage. I think I will attempt the repair with a combination of Tear-Aid and Aquaseal. I do not have access to any spare bladder material and since I leave about 5 or 6 hours away from the water there are not kite shops nearby. If it does not hold I will install a new bladder and still not have a crazy amount invested in the kite. Other than the bladder the rest of the kite is in good condition. The surprising thing is even with this massive tear the kite still held air for about 10 minutes when I pumped it up the first time. I think the bladder edge was folded over on itself a couple of times so it was holding the rip closed off. It did not loose air quickly until I started standing the kite on it's edge.

DariKite
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: Kite: 12mt Liquid Force WOW ; 9mt Cabrinha SwitchBlade
Board: Cabrinha Ace ; Wainmann Hawaii Passport 5'7" ; F-One Mitu Pro Convertible 2016 (Hydrofoil/Surf)
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Leading Edge bladder repair advise

Postby DariKite » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:06 am

Did you attempt to fix?

Return to “Kitesurfing”