Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone whip SLS 5'1
Mystic Majestic 2020 Harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone Whip SLS. resistance claim. Survey

Postby andikite » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:55 pm

Duotone changed me a kite which had a little of flapping in the trailing edge (it wasn't noticeable for normal riders but I pay attention to any details of my gear). I made a video with a gopro and they gave me a new one including shipping costs through my dealer. In other case, I broke the rubber cords of my clickbar and the replaced both floaters.

My whips during this 4 years received a lot of jumps and chopy condition. Several dents but less than other brands. With SLS construction I realized a good improvement in stiffness, is not about reduce thickness SLS replace the glass fiber for ineggra, which is a glass fiber construction with more glass and less resin. No cracks in all this years (4 diferent boards).

I think you were unlucky for your crack and talking about guarantee, is difficult to deal this kind of replacement because the crack could have a lot of reasons.

I know a mate that cracked only the top of the board and Duotone changed the board for a new one... So I think that depends on the kind of crack the board has...

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Postby Blackened » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:53 am

My old Nugget CSC cracked in the first month of ownership. It was right on the edge of a big heel dent close to the rail, but they refused to cover it initially. Proposed I hit it with my harness hook and considered it out of the realm of design. While this is plausible, eventually they agreed to cover half the $120 repair (it was about 6cm long).

Great board, but very fragile.

bbuumm
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Adriatic see
Favorite Beaches: Prea, Guincho, Paracuru, Prasonisi, Sottomarina, Chia, Porto Pollo, Tonnara (bonifacio), Balistra, Tarifa (football)......
Style: crossover
Gear: North kites and bars, brunotti boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby bbuumm » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:24 am

leepasty wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:27 pm
bbuumm wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:30 pm
sarc wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:39 pm
Same as the kites (I switched away from Duotone for the same reason): better weight at the cost of durability... I guess weight numbers look better in the brochures. Not for me thanks (ps I'll take a bamboo surfboard any day of the week)
from my point i wouldn't talk about durability (in the end it was a 5 sessions board) but i'd rather talk about unappropriate resistance to be used for kitesurfing
Have you got pics or video of the damage?
I’ve done thousands of massive jumps on my whip sls 5’5 and a bit of heal dent but no cracks. All my sls boards have held up really well with no dings or cracking and I’ve used them all lots.
If it really broke as you say then I’m surprised they have not warrantied it as Duotone are very good and honest with faulty products.
Maybe your pics or video show you landed on it with your harness or it hit a rock as from my experience the sls construction is the strongest I’ve used and it still feels great 😊
Well i'm surprised as well.
As already written the board hadn't relevant shocks, and of course no rocks or harness impact.
seems you have a strong relationship with duotone, good for you!
what you wrote just make my point even stronger: it is not normal at all that such a strong construction as SLS brakes like this, therefore the damage should be covered with warranty
thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”