Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: queenscliff
Gear: Ozone foil kites
SABFoil/Moses hydrofoils
Wings: F-one Stike, Ensis
Brand Affiliation: None

Core Nexus V2 and Ozone bar?

Postby addictedtofoil » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:53 pm

Has anyone flown a Core Nexus V2 with a low v Ozone bar?

What was the performance like?

I'm 95-100kgs.

I'm looking at my next kite 3-strut for foiling freestyle, quick turns, boosting jumps, drifts really well, between 14-20knots. I was thinking about Ozone Alpha v2 but it's single strut and historically don't jump well, so I then turned my attention to
- Ozone Enduro V3 - looks more like a twin tip kite
- Core Nexus V2 - looks good for foiling but a high Y, which sucks for many reasons, self-landing, relaunching etc etc

If you know of any other kites purely for foiling, open to suggestions

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Re: Core Nexus V2 and Ozone bar?

Postby Foil » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:30 am

I have the nexus V2 -- 9 and 11mtr
fly on Ozone click in low V bar on 23mtr lines.
kite foil board and Ttip, kite has to work great on both, has to boost huge on both,
and the nexus delivers, very fast, tight loops, lighter bar pressure once set on freestyle,
not got the easy relaunches down yet on the foil board, I need a bit of practice to sort that out as the Alpha was king at relaunch in light airs, but rubbish at anything else on a ttip,
so as a twin discipline kite that excites then its great, but you need to use the tuning options on the kite, they really do make a big difference, but once set you can leave it be as it works great for both.
cant really say how well it drifts yet, need some good wind conditions with waves to work that out.
Last edited by Foil on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

addictedtofoil
Medium Poster
SABFoil/Moses hydrofoils

Postby addictedtofoil » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:11 am

Nice, thanks Foil, so no issues using an Ozone bar with a low V with Nexus 2, that's great, makes them a contender.

Out of interest, how much do you weigh?

I'm trying to decide between a 8m and 10m, or only a 9M for free style foiling 14-20knots. Not really a fan of LEI kites over 10m as too slow IMO.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
Kraken fuse 703k

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,

Postby Foil » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:38 am

addictedtofoil wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:11 am
Nice, thanks Foil, so no issues using an Ozone bar with a low V with Nexus 2, that's great, makes them a contender.

Out of interest, how much do you weigh?

I'm trying to decide between a 8m and 10m, or only a 9M for free style foiling 14-20knots. Not really a fan of LEI kites over 10m as too slow IMO.
I am not light at 95kg, and the 11mtr was a hold my breath and hope its an ok purchase, keeping the bag and labels new just in case it was a dog and had to be swapped,
but what a nice surprise the 11mtr is just so good, not slow or heavy feeling at all, loops so quickly almost pinwheeling if you try hard, so good on the foil and very good in light airs body dragging out in onshore wind, but its not a Foil kite so compared to my 11mtr V4 Chrono its not the best light wind kite, but it is a more exciting kite as its much much faster, way more speed through the air, I have ordered the 7mtr nexus v2 based on how much fun the 9mtr is on the foil and the fact it jumps just so high even in winds that are low for the 9mtr, the range of that 9mtr must be huge, but as yet I have not been anywhere near its high end limit that users of the demo 9mtr were telling me about.
the 9mtr for me get gets me up and flying around just great in 12knts, its it surge of power partly due to its speed, amazing comparison next to a 10mtr V2 Alpha on the same day, which was not as fast and needed maybe 3 reverse kite down loops to get me flying, that was a surprise that i had to just repeat over and over as i thought that cant be right, but it was and the nexus was ordered the same day after that.
so good to have a demo kite to use!

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kraken fuse 703k

Postby Foil » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:57 am

my 7mtr nexus might end up as a Christmas present, as the lead time looks really bad, it may even be an Easter surprise. I cant wait that long so my brilliant dealer has offered to loan me a small kite to use whilst I wait, as I sold all my other foil kites as demand was high for them.

addictedtofoil
Medium Poster
SABFoil/Moses hydrofoils

Postby addictedtofoil » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 am

We are very similar in weight and kite choices!

My go to kite in 8-15knots is a Chrono V4 11m, amazing kite as long as not too gusty.

My thoughts are for gusty days < 15 knots a 10m Nexus and for 15+ knots the 8m Nexus, would I be correct in my assumptions?

Or would I be better off just with a 9m (and maybe a 11m) Nexus for anything the Chrono V4 11m can't do?

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kraken fuse 703k

Postby Foil » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:33 pm

addictedtofoil wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 am
We are very similar in weight and kite choices!

My go to kite in 8-15knots is a Chrono V4 11m, amazing kite as long as not too gusty.

My thoughts are for gusty days < 15 knots a 10m Nexus and for 15+ knots the 8m Nexus, would I be correct in my assumptions?

Or would I be better off just with a 9m (and maybe a 11m) Nexus for anything the Chrono V4 11m can't do?
the 9mtr nexus works so well in 12knts on the foil but of course I am using the 633 wing set, anything less lifty would not be as great,
I am only using the 11 nexus on the ttip and only on the foil board if I feel that the conditions or tides will maybe be less safe using my Chrono, at least I can get back with my blow up nexus kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”