Barra da Tijuca, RJ
Praia da Bica, RJ
Style: freeride
Gear: Boxer 9m for foiling
Rebel SLS 8m or Crave HL 9m for boosting on twintip
Brand Affiliation: None

looking for bar options

Postby rnelias » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:39 am

I'd like to keep just one bar for all kites on my quiver and these kites are not from the same brand. Thus, I'm looking for a bar that could be easily adjusted without having to get pigtails, extensions, adapters, etc... separately. The only bar that I know with these options is clickbar.

To be more specific, I'm looking for a bar that comes with:

1. Universal pigtails, possibly, with multiple sizes (clickbar comes with 3 sets + 1 installed)

2. Segmented lines to adjust the lenght

3. Adjustable "Y split"

4. Chicken loop options (I like the modular systems from Cabrinha and Naish...)

Are there other bars on the market with such features (besides clickbar)?

Indulang
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Local Beach: Taiwan
Style: Just fooling around
Gear: Duotone Rebel

Re: looking for bar options

Postby Indulang » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:22 am

https://www.kiteattitude.fr/en/98-totem ... l-bar.html
https://www.kiteattitude.fr/en/74-rehausseur-de-y.html

You can look into their bars. I just ordered one based on posts I read here but haven't tried it yet. They use dyneema SK99 lines. All the line ends have knots and loops so you can connect it any kite. And you can order custom line extensions.

Some of their bars use their older AKA2 QR which apparently didn't have a good swivel for untwisting center lines. Their newer AKA3 supposedly addressed this problem.
These users thanked the author Indulang for the post:
rnelias (Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:51 am)
Rating: 3.03%

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:16 am

^ colors are just wrong, green on left hand side?

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:29 am

jyka wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:16 am
^ colors are just wrong, green on left hand side?
Here it looks like it's upto your personal preference on which side you want the green. But to make it even more confusing, the green side has the red color coded line.

lederhosen
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 80kg
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic4 12m
Kitech FRS 9m
Peak4 3m
Peak5 4m, 6m, 8m

Zeeko Spitfire Xlw, Xxlw
Eleveight Process 135

Postby lederhosen » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:43 am

My kite attitude bar is blue on the left. It is of course challenging to get used to at first to not have some kind of red on the left but the reward is a high quality bar with parts that can be easily exchanged when they wear out.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:33 pm

What you need to do is change all the pigtails on your kites so they use one system. Usually there's a pigtail on the bridle at the kite end where you can swap rear and center pigtails. The high y thing I would not do. All manufacturers are moving away from high y so if a kite is not low v compatible now future models will be. Many control bars have modular systems now choose whichever you like best. Don't let the high y thing be a sticking point and don't worry and loops vs knots at the control bar you want to fix that at the kite end not the control bar. I like the duotone trust a lot but choose whichever you like best. The click is not bad but I like a more simple system. Whenever i sell a used kite I go back to the kite and make sure to reverse the pigtails on the kite if needed before I sell it.

rnelias
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RJ, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Arubinha, RJ
Cumbuco, CE
Barra da Tijuca, RJ
Praia da Bica, RJ
Style: freeride
Gear: Boxer 9m for foiling
Rebel SLS 8m or Crave HL 9m for boosting on twintip

Postby rnelias » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:53 pm

edt wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:33 pm
What you need to do is change all the pigtails on your kites so they use one system. Usually there's a pigtail on the bridle at the kite end where you can swap rear and center pigtails. The high y thing I would not do. All manufacturers are moving away from high y so if a kite is not low v compatible now future models will be. Many control bars have modular systems now choose whichever you like best. Don't let the high y thing be a sticking point and don't worry and loops vs knots at the control bar you want to fix that at the kite end not the control bar. I like the duotone trust a lot but choose whichever you like best. The click is not bad but I like a more simple system. Whenever i sell a used kite I go back to the kite and make sure to reverse the pigtails on the kite if needed before I sell it.
Low V split doesn't seem to be a trend among the big players. Core, Duotone and F-One are still using high Y-split on their kites...

Regarding pigtails, I wish any bar on the market would come with a set of universal pigtails like clickbars have. It's easy and fast to swap the sides to adapt loop/knot on any kite. On Ozone bar, at least the bar I have here, the pigtails come sewn on line ends :o . It's a mess when the lines are tangled. On bars with removable pigtails, it's much easier to untangle the lines with the pigtails off.

Clickbar is expensive and far from being perfect. It has some silly flaws that could be easily addressed by Duotone, however, in the opposite side, I think it's a very well thought "command system". "Command system" in the sense that Duotone made a bar to be easily used on any kite from any brand. They could bring some of these features to the trustbar and launch, maybe, a "trustbar plus" :lol: . Bar bag, sets of pigtails, adjustable y-split, lines split in segments, etc...

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:06 pm

High Y has been going away over the past 10 years. It's a design constraint that manufacturers are getting away from. There's a certain amount of pinching you get from the high Y, and it's very sensitive to line lengths so if you extend the lines by adding extensions on the kite end to a high Y kite you can ruin the performance, while adding extensions below the high Y is technically difficult. Low V by contrast is not that sensitive to line lengths and it allows manufacturers to produce kites that run on a wide variety of line lengths.

Donniehall14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kite Point/Princeton Point, Robinson's Island
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8M Takoon Chrono
10M Ocean Rodeo Razor
12 Switch Nitro

Postby Donniehall14 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:58 am

I've been looking for a new bar and I'm definitely interested in those from Kiteattitude. I just don't now which to go for. I'm also looking at the Takoon Sweet Bar. To be honest I just want something simple and trustworthy with a below the bar swivel. It would be nice to not have to pay $700 Cdn too.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:45 am

edt wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:33 pm
Agree there's a lot to like about the Trust bar but it is a high Y, doesn't that contradict your earlier thoughts on high Y?

Return to “Kitesurfing”