Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

To all the eleveight girl and boys out there! I need some advice ;)

Forum for kitesurfers
Tiefblau
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 90
Local Beach: Greece Germany Belgium
Favorite Beaches: Mikri vigla
Gear: GA
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

To all the eleveight girl and boys out there! I need some advice ;)

Postby Tiefblau » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Ladies and gentlemen,

My old gere is now 12 years old and I want to replace it with some sick brand new stuff. I decided to go with eleveight after having tested the 12m Rs v5 and also like the Brand.

I do mostly freeriding. Want to jump higher and maybe learn some new tricks like a darkslide and do my first kiteloops. Currently i ride, jump normally and do some backrolls etc so Iam not a pro even if Iam riding for many years now. Really need to step up the game a little haha.

I cannot decide between the rs and the xs. I hear that the xs is Better for jumping. Iam with 6,2 inch and 90plus kg relatively large and heavy. Does the xs have the same good Windrange as the rs? What would you say is the better Package not concodering waveriding?

Thank you guys!

PS: someone know when the 2022 ride engine harnesses are going to be released? Here in Germany my size is pretty much sold out :(

rw30
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 95
Favorite Beaches: Barra Grande, CapeVerde, FuerteV, Hel, Lady's Lake
Style: general freeride
Gear: Elev8 RS v7 14/10/8, SS SentryBar / SwitchController 5x, Best Spin TT 139cm / Duotone ProWhip 5'5''

Re: To all the eleveight girl and boys out there! I need some advice ;)

Postby rw30 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:18 am

I own the RSes & have never ridden XS, but XS is marketed as big air / freeride, which means it will limit you in some aspects (waveriding & general freeride, more precision required when steering etc.) without giving you much advantage over RS. Riding kites like XS would only be beneficial if you are very-well-skilled in jumping, and that doesn't seem to be the case from what you saying.
Long story short: go for RS, and if after X years of intense practicing of jumping you'd feel like you cannot progress bcoz of the kite - only then switch to XS-like kite. But, TBH with you - such day may never come, and up until then you gonna have more fun on RS

rw30
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 95
Favorite Beaches: Barra Grande, CapeVerde, FuerteV, Hel, Lady's Lake
Style: general freeride
Gear: Elev8 RS v7 14/10/8, SS SentryBar / SwitchController 5x, Best Spin TT 139cm / Duotone ProWhip 5'5''

Postby rw30 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:34 am

well, LOL, you said you don't care about waveriding, which I've initially missed. Even though, I'd still go for RS if I were u

dewwy
Medium Poster
Style: Freestyle/Wakestyle
Gear: -

Postby dewwy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:26 am

Tiefblau wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:14 pm
Ladies and gentlemen,

My old gere is now 12 years old and I want to replace it with some sick brand new stuff. I decided to go with eleveight after having tested the 12m Rs v5 and also like the Brand.

I do mostly freeriding. Want to jump higher and maybe learn some new tricks like a darkslide and do my first kiteloops. Currently i ride, jump normally and do some backrolls etc so Iam not a pro even if Iam riding for many years now. Really need to step up the game a little haha.

I cannot decide between the rs and the xs. I hear that the xs is Better for jumping. Iam with 6,2 inch and 90plus kg relatively large and heavy. Does the xs have the same good Windrange as the rs? What would you say is the better Package not concodering waveriding?

Thank you guys!

PS: someone know when the 2022 ride engine harnesses are going to be released? Here in Germany my size is pretty much sold out :(
I haven't ridden any eleveight kites, but in general if you want to replace the 12 i'd go for the rs. The xs is a 5 strutter and will be heavier, which will suck in 'lighter' winds.
Really depends what you want out of the kite tho. The 12qm xs will have better high end than the rs for sure. If you want to build a quiver i'd go with something like 12 rs / 10 xs / 8 xs. Swap 10 xs to rs if you want to use it for foiling as well.
Regarding ride engine, just call lars/sven at slingshot in kiel, they do distribution for ride engine as well and can probably sort something out for you.

hookedcook
Medium Poster
Gear: Elevegiht RS 10 and 12

Postby hookedcook » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:25 am

Took the plunge and got a call from the local shop today that my new 22 rs 10/12 arrived today with a new north bar and a crazy fly raptor. Feel like a kid at Christmas

Return to “Kitesurfing”