Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Jumping with evo sls

Forum for kitesurfers
Aberdovy kiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 83 kgs
Local Beach: West coastline of mid wales, encompassing aberdovy, harlech, borth, barmouth
Favorite Beaches: Aberdovy mid wales
Style: Freestyle, freeride
Gear: Duotone evo sls 12m
Duotone 9m evo
Duotone 7m dice
Flysurfer 15m speed delux
Nobile T5 140x44
Crazyfly raptor extreme 132x41 2023
Brand Affiliation: None

Jumping with evo sls

Postby Aberdovy kiter » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Coming from 2015 rebels which are really fun to jump i don't really have a recollection that they were particularly sensitive to gusts whilst during a jump, if it's a big gusts then the kite would give a boost but would also drop you pretty quickly too, so back on topic went out today low wind, meter reading 12-20knts on 12m evo sls and the boosts i was getting in every gust was amazing, proper up, then up again and up again kite felt amazingly stable, not dropping just holding me up and a gentle drift back to surface, don't know if this is how normal evo's are or if it's the sls.

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Re: Jumping with evo sls

Postby Blackened » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:48 am

It's the same for most big delta kites. I'm more surprised that wasn't your experience on the Rebel.

Basically, it's more to do with the punchiness of the wind. Today I had both fall out of the sky jumps and three gusts of UP.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Jumping with evo sls

Postby purdyd » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:18 am

The standard evo is pretty floaty and easy to jump,

The sls version is more so.

Return to “Kitesurfing”