Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Kite s and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Board....Airush Apex v7 or North Atmos Hybrid

Postby Ndsparkus » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:06 pm

I'm looking at getting a new twin tip after a small incident between current board and the wheels of a car. I ride in flat to mega chop / slack (very slack waves) looking at a board that can take choppiness out, but also provide performance in boosting and an enjoyable slash on a "wave" face. Typically ride in 15 to 40mph.

I've shortlisted the above but not stuck on these...

I'm 80 to 85kg depending, with a dodgy knee (need a board that's not), not doing fancy handlepasses, etc.

Any advice welcome including sizing....Cheers

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Re: New Board....Airush Apex v7 or North Atmos Hybrid

Postby Blackened » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:33 am

Ndsparkus wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:06 pm
I'm looking at getting a new twin tip after a small incident between current board and the wheels of a car. I ride in flat to mega chop / slack (very slack waves) looking at a board that can take choppiness out, but also provide performance in boosting and an enjoyable slash on a "wave" face. Typically ride in 15 to 40mph.

I've shortlisted the above but not stuck on these...

I'm 80 to 85kg depending, with a dodgy knee (need a board that's not), not doing fancy handlepasses, etc.

Any advice welcome including sizing....Cheers
These boards are similar. They're both great freeride/Big Air boards and you can't go wrong with either choice. Personally, I'd go with a combination of best visibility on the water and cheapest price. (the yellow version Apex would easily be the most visible, but the '22 Atmos is pretty epic to look at and reasonably easy to find).

What's your current (ex) board and how do you find it? Is it adequate for your chop/wave riding?

Sizing recommendation:
This always starts a shitfight on this forum. A lot of it is personal riding style and preference. Some people like big boards, others like smaller ones. Of the two options and only your weight, I'd suggest a 138x41 Atmos or a 139x41 Apex.

Return to “Kitesurfing”