Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Has anybody experience with North Flex binding?

Forum for kitesurfers
pistolpete
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Favorite Beaches: perth
ceara
cape town
Gear: duotone dice
duotone hadlow
cabrinha xcaliber
north pro csc
Been thanked: 0

Has anybody experience with North Flex binding?

Postby pistolpete » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:39 pm

I like the minimal design and wonder how these compare to duotone NTT, which are the best straps i've ridden so far (apart from the scratchy inner lining). The Flex lining looks very comfy, but binding seems more loose with the flat heel bed. Any views?

SMJ
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: Cabrimha, Core, Flysurfer, Carved, Naish, Duotone, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Lift, Spleene, Mystic, ION.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Has anybody experience with North Flex binding?

Postby SMJ » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:31 am

I've ridden the North Flex; they are highly similar to the Naish Apex in many ways. I've also ridden Duotone Entity's, and I think you'll like the North Flex more if comfort is what you're after.

However, the most comfortable straps I've ridden to date are the Core Union Pro's, but these have a 6.5" hole-mount spacing - which does not fit all boards. They do fit Duotone boards with the track system.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:07 am

Agree with the above, the flexes are very nice and seem to hold the foot really well. I would say that the slingshot Dualli is probably slightly more cushioned but somehow does not hold your foot in the strap as well and results in a less connected feeling

pistolpete
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Favorite Beaches: perth
ceara
cape town
Gear: duotone dice
duotone hadlow
cabrinha xcaliber
north pro csc
Been thanked: 0

Postby pistolpete » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:13 pm

TheRussian wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:07 am
Agree with the above, the flexes are very nice and seem to hold the foot really well. I would say that the slingshot Dualli is probably slightly more cushioned but somehow does not hold your foot in the strap as well and results in a less connected feeling
Ok. That sounds promising ;D Can you tell what angles can be set? I wonder if i can set decent angle on the cabrinha board. There inserts have some offset

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:56 pm

Not a massive range of movement as three fixing points on each side, but the footpads are wide & easily enough adjustment range

Return to “Kitesurfing”