Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New quiver doubts (Eleveight RS & Naish Pivot)

Forum for kitesurfers
Friedchickenloop
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Essaouira
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish Pivots 7-10-12
Cabrinha Ace 137
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

New quiver doubts (Eleveight RS & Naish Pivot)

Postby Friedchickenloop » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi all,

Currently riding with 7-10-12 Naish Pivots 2018. Found a super great deal for 7-9-12 Eleveght RS 2021 (v4)

Tarifa, Spain as main spot (nuking levante often). 70 Kg, Intermediate level: focused on "big air" and learning strapless, would like waves n foil eventually and zero intention to unhook.

I can't test the RS... but im not that picky and both models seem to be so similar. Doubts:

- Would you vary with different quites in the quiver? Thinking about a 5 struts eleveight XS for the 9m. Would also be cool for the 7m with 40kn in levante, but i'd loose performance for stratples and foil. Never tried a Rebel or similar, but i can always keep using my brother's 9m pivot.

- Has anyone tried Eleveight RS 2022 (v5). It might be possible to get the deal on the newer models.

All thoughts welocme. Thanks in advance!!

richieski
Medium Poster
Local Beach: where ever i am
Gear: Ozone

Re: New quiver doubts (Eleveight RS & Naish Pivot)

Postby richieski » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:01 pm

I am in the same boat as you. I currently have rrd religions but they are not my favourite for foiling. I was looking at changing back to enduros, or pivots or north reach. I love a fast turning kite. I'm sure you can get a demo in tarifa on RS, i did see 1 of the shops on the strip between kite obsession and ocean rodeo that had Eleveneight branding.
These users thanked the author richieski for the post:
Friedchickenloop (Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:57 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Qman
Rare Poster
Gear: 6m and 9m

Postby Qman » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:28 pm

I used the 2022 Eleveight RS V5 7m a couple of weeks ago. I also used 2021 North Reach 8m, 2021 North Carve 8m, 2020 DuoTone Neo 8m and 2022 Eleveight WS 7m . I have used the Naish Pivot in the past.

If you like these allround 'point and go type' kites (like the Naish Pivot etc) the 2022 Eleveight RS V5 is a good option. I preferred the North Reach slightly as it had a more direct feel, I guess due to no pulley's, but if you get the RS at a good price, the North Reach is not worth the extra money.

The build quality of the Eleveight looks decent as well.

I would avoid Ozone kites if you kite regularly from a sand beach, because of the microholes in the bladders from the sand / salt. There are 3 people with Ozone Enduro's V1, V2, V3 where I kite, we all have the same problem. You need to wash the kites regularly in fresh water, to remove the salt / sand crystals from the bladders, this is not a practical option for me. I replace the bladders every 6 months, an expensive hobby. Nice kites to fly though.
These users thanked the author Qman for the post (total 2):
Friedchickenloop (Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:57 pm) • andrzej351 (Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:00 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Friedchickenloop
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Essaouira
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish Pivots 7-10-12
Cabrinha Ace 137
Been thanked: 0

Postby Friedchickenloop » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Very helpful. Will try for get rs v5!

What about 5 struts XS For the 9m? It might help with boosting. Never tried that type of kite but some diversity won’t harm… Any major downside? Would you do it differently?

All thoughts welcome!

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Go for it if you like the pivot I think you'll like the RS too
These users thanked the author edt for the post:
Friedchickenloop (Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:06 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”