Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Re: Edge v10 vs orbit 21-22

Postby Blackened » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:48 am

Cheoz0r86 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 am

Mainly big air, the 12m 2022 sculp is a weapon for low wind days so got that covered. Just looking for something that loops better and has less bar pressure, boosting with the hypers is great but they pull super hard when looping and you have to give the bar a proper yank. I live in Northern Ireland so having squalls during sessions is very common here, a 15 knots sesh can become a 30knots sesh in a blink of an eye so I kite with a great top end that gives you confidence in rough conditions is what im looking for as I usually stop doing kiteloops when forecast gets close or above 30knots.

Been thinking on a 10m and 8m orbit. I do fine with my 8m hyper when is gusting close to 40knots (hyper 8m feels like a 9m) taking into account its a kite geared towards mid and low end.
Ah, good description. Orbit sounds like the perfect compliment for you then. I usually only take out the 8m Orbit when it hits 40kn at 95-100kg :). I'm bias though because I love the 9m so much.

Return to “Kitesurfing”