Duotone Vegas 9 2019
Dutone Dice SLS 8 2022
Slingshot RPM 7 2020
Duotone EVO 7 2023
Ozone Torque 136x41
Brand Affiliation: None

Dice SLS Click bar V distributor

Postby alex85 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Just bought new Click bar S (42cm with 22meters lines) to use with 2022 Dice SLS.
I'd like to try different positions of the Y to maximize the wakestyle features of the kite.

Simply removing the distributor I will try V instead of a Y setting, but I'd like to experiment also with different positions: the old wakestyle bar from North had the V starting at the 2 meters from the depower and also watching at the pros ridind Vegas today the seems to use the same set up also with click bar.

So the question is: to put the distributor under the red positions (6 meters) the only way is to cut the connection and remove the red ball on flaggin lines???
It seems like this but before to cut a piece of a new bar I prefer to ask...

Also if you have experience with this kite and this set up every tips will be appreciated!!! :thumb:

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dice SLS_Click bar_V distributor

Postby Foil » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:38 am

you could remove the ball and reattach it lower down as long as you splice and sew in the securing tails securely, as when you flag out the bar will hit the ball hard, also you need to double check your kite size is of the small size when using that bar after being altered, as the stop ball might not allow the kite to flag out completely, resulting in a spinning kite with the bar out of reach,
you could of course just do away with the stop ball, most bars don't have them any more, just make sure your little Y distributor is not clamped to the safety line side, also you need to protect the line under the clamp screw, that can be short length of polyester line sheath, and unfixed so you can mess around with different positions, but if your chosen kite flies great without any Y line gizmo in place then great, remove it as its a line tangle pest, and keep it handy in case you do need it for the odd kite that requires it, I would always avoid buying a kite that needs one, annoying little line tangle thing.
PS, my job is fixing up all bars with new replacement after market lines, and click bars are my main model of bar I work on, almost daily.

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: Dice SLS_Click bar_V distributor

Postby Kitemenn » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:38 am

You can also order a Harlem splitter which you can open up and set below the stopper ball but please make sure to leave room to flag out. I have it positioned just above the PU tube.

Return to “Kitesurfing”