Local Beach: St kilda Melbourne
Favorite Beaches: Rodos Prasonisi
Style: Old school
Gear: Flysurfer Boost3, Ozone bar V4 for now, Crazy Fly carbon board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 Falling apart mid jump - warning

Postby Cezary » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:03 am

Kiteman 007 said:
“When it comes to recalls, brands do them when warranty problems reach a certain benchmark and things are happening repetetively. Not because of a one off or rare occurence and an angry customer.“

Thanks for calling me an angry customer Kiteman,
I agree with it as much as I don’t agree with what you said about recalls, here is an exemplary action taken by Ozone in 2007/08 ,incidentally the time I took kitesurfing or so my profile on seabreeze.com.au says :lol: Here is what Ozone said in a letter to Customers:

“Hi Everyone,

Over the past 2 weeks it came to our attention that one of our new Control Bar’s failed in normal use. We immediately began to load-test all bars that we had in stock at our factory in Vietnam and researched into this issue. We discovered that there is a problem with a batch of bars……..”
“Any owners of this bar must comply with this product recall for their safety. Our sincere apologies to our customers for this serious inconvenience that is only affecting less than 1% of the total bars sold. When it comes to safety there can be no Compromise. Ozone will test all bars”

I know it’s hard to compare what one of the best brands in the world does to protect the safety of their customers to something like CF, but at least it shows the right approach and action can be taken swiftly in the interest and safety of the customers, not the Company itself!
But in fact such action can bring more customers in than non action… in fact cover up!!! the gangsters from CF have chosen….

Zen_Rider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Tenby, Freshwater West & Newgale
Style: Big air, Freestyle, Wave
Gear: DT Dice 7 / 9 / 11
CF Raptor Extreme
DT Whip 5"2

Postby Zen_Rider » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Ouch that sounds a horrible accident, I'm just back on the water after 6 weeks with two slightly cracked ribs (9.5m late backroll, got disorientated and looped when I meant to helli), so cant imagine how shit you must feel now.

Best of luck with your recovery!
These users thanked the author Zen_Rider for the post:
Cezary (Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:23 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:36 pm

Thanks Mate :D :thumb: obviously you know a bit better than guys calling me here: disgruntled :cry: angry :angryfire: or creating drama with photos :jump:

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:57 pm

evan wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:22 pm
QC of the depower cord aside there are multiple designs flaws in this bar that will cause it to wear out faster than other brands:
- the use of only a single 2.5-3mm line, all other brands use this thickness doubled up or stronger lines.
I could not find anywhere to confirm this thickness of the Loading Line, but if it’s true those who put our life on that sort of shit should be hanged by their balls!
I took some close up pictures and indeed it looks there is no room for a proper 5-7mm line plus red flag out line.
Perhaps for majority riding left and right 2.5-3.0mm might be ok but what if someone wants to use CF Sick Bar for big air!! Though it’s highly unlikely the people boosting 20m and more would be stupid and reckless enough to buy this crap from CF!
Attachments
815B12D9-977B-4BCA-917E-C4439AFF3C4B.jpeg
870AD500-FCC1-498F-9DC8-BD7032236B8C.jpeg
60DAF180-8B17-47AF-9704-2AA108607636.jpeg
B935E2AE-B1FC-43FF-8D61-A5EA2227C099.jpeg
F78BF0C6-98F2-4558-BA08-026CF3F41C3D.jpeg

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly mostly

Postby Faxie » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:08 pm

- 'I'm not disgruntled and angry!'

- Continues to post disgruntled and angry replies.

At least you're finally posting some clear, less dramatic images. Was that so hard?

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: F-one Bandit 12 7m, 10m, Duotone Juice 13m
Nomad Carbon C Wave 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:03 pm

Man you guys are critical!
If that is really the main depower line that is pretty shocking. Even bars with double depower lines are typically using at least ?5mm dyneema, single centre lines closer to 8-10mm, that looks like about 2.5mm.
Edit if that’s just the safety line then still none the wiser!
Last edited by andylc on Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:00 am

I think there is a confusion with the lines relevant to CF Sick Bar, or should we say Crap Bar!?
1. Depower line, 5mm line going through the depower cleat, photo nr1
2. Flag out line, red line you see on photos of broken bar
3. Chicken loop line or Loading Line or Life Line as I would call it. Photo nr3
Evan claims this critical line is ONLY 2.5-3.0 !!!
As I said if’s true the people responsible for putting our life on such shit should be hanged by their balls!
The other issue is weather this line is 2.5 or 5.0mm is of secondary importance in this case since the most important is the answer to the question:
Why this line is not shown on after accident photos!!??
Why the cowards from CF cover it up!?
Why the same cowards don’t want the bar for examination and claim it is not needed cos my photos show clearly the line is missing, so where the bloody thing is!? Perhaps I ate it, or perhaps I removed it myself before the sesh to commit suicide!
Attachments
69727EBC-5C3D-4032-A38A-F0C82CB90E74.png
Photo nr 3 the loading line / life line
D2BEB0F8-506E-426B-992E-F87CB6A6811B.png
Photo nr2 the flag out line
3AD89E12-FA78-4B12-801A-6EA7AD4B1839.jpeg
Photo nr1 the depower line

CaptainKook
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride, Surf
Gear: 7, 9, 12

Postby CaptainKook » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:21 am

I have been using CF sickbar and kites for last 4yrs with no issues, regularly jumping, and regularly in high winds and in heavy surf.

I can only say that in my own personal experience, CF is very good quality. The main depower line is probably 6mm or 8mm and has never given me any problems.

Can I ask OP
Kite size used?
Boardsize used?
Wind speed?
Wind gusts? on date/time of accident
Rider weight?
What depth of water was the jump in?
How many jumps were recorded prior to the incident during that session?
How many jumps were recorded on the previous 10-12 sessions using the bar?

There's no way you rode the bar for 10-12 sessions previous to the incident without a main depower line inside the PVC. The PVC tube would have ripped off on the first or second session.

Riders nearly always snap lines, or break depower lines (on any brand bars) when they are seriously overpowered.

Personally I have been very impressed with the build and durability of my CF kit and would not hesitate to buy their equipment again.

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:12 am

Thank you Captain for your input on quality of CF gear and meaningfull questions :thumb:
I do share your opinion of CF in regard to their boards (I have 3!) and 1kite 9m 2020 Sculp, just got 12m Sculp 2022 and unfortunately very disappointed with this one,not so much
perhaps with the defects the kite arrived with but with the CF response afterwards, the relevant post is coming soon.
Unfortunately whatever good things we can say about boards/warranties etc.it is not as important as the safety of the gear they sell which is paramount IMHO.
As Ozone said when some control bars were recalled after a Report of single problem:

When it comes to safety there can be no Compromise. Ozone will test all bars”

The Cover up of CF in relation to my accident if not criminal is appalling and inexcusable to say the least!
I will gladly answer your well asked questions Captain ,it won't be difficult cos my game is big air only and all sessions are recorded by Woo.
It's only a pity those CF cowards don't ask them but some of the kite surfers on their behalf.
Why that self-opinionated Juraj Buckovksy doesn't ask them!? In an interview for iksurfmag he was cocky enough to say:
"I will repeat myself, but the most challenging part is safety. On the bar, nothing can break as this puts riders at high risk. All parts of the bar are very carefully designed to be extremely strong and durable
Why he is not so cocky NOW!? Obviously something can break ( unless missing in 1st place) and even kill the user in the process!! I was just one lucky guy! :D 8)

gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 Falling apart mid jump/ WARNNING!

Postby gibsonandpickett » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:40 am

Cezary wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 pm
Yes Soleas,
they are making pretty much the same shit from 2015! and you might say I deserve what I got for being stupid enough to buy this crap!
If as you say there are other riders injured while using this deadly device I would like to hear from them!
In my 12 years of kitesurfing I never heard about an injury caused by a faulty control bar!…. let alone an injury of such magnitude as mine, it’s also easy to imagine the situation if the bar fell apart near the peak of my jump.
In a sense I was extremely lucky perhaps that’s the reason CrazyFly doesn’t give a shit about what happened!
Reuben lenton flying ozone had a failure

Return to “Kitesurfing”