Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 Falling apart mid jump - warning

Forum for kitesurfers
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 Falling apart mid jump/ WARNNING!

Postby Havre » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:04 am

gibsonandpickett wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:40 am
Cezary wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 pm
Yes Soleas,
they are making pretty much the same shit from 2015! and you might say I deserve what I got for being stupid enough to buy this crap!
If as you say there are other riders injured while using this deadly device I would like to hear from them!
In my 12 years of kitesurfing I never heard about an injury caused by a faulty control bar!…. let alone an injury of such magnitude as mine, it’s also easy to imagine the situation if the bar fell apart near the peak of my jump.
In a sense I was extremely lucky perhaps that’s the reason CrazyFly doesn’t give a shit about what happened!
Reuben lenton flying ozone had a failure
Completely different though. I think it is well established he released it himself by accident?

One might discuss if that was a design flaw or not, but it wasn't due to material failure.

Cezary
Medium Poster
Local Beach: St kilda Melbourne
Favorite Beaches: Rodos Prasonisi
Style: Old school
Gear: Flysurfer Boost3, Ozone bar V4 for now, Crazy Fly carbon board

Re: CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 Falling apart mid jump - warning

Postby Cezary » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:43 am

Havre said : “Completely different though. I think it is well established he released it himself by accident?”

I agree ,but feel better now anyway 😬😀 The Ozone bars can not fail , I used them for 7/8 years and can bet my life on them! The funny thing is I got my new Ozone bar 3 days after that piece of shit CF Sick (Crap) bar fell into pieces in my hands 5.5m above water surface 😡

drone
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Latvia's coast Beaches
Style: Freeride, foil, snow, ice.
Gear: FS, SS, LF, C, N, B.

Postby drone » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:54 am

Can someone open working CF Sick bar, and post some picture of what are inside?
Attachments
CFbar.jpeg

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:24 am

I can do it Mate, though this picture is not very clear, but the most important is the statement who said:

, “it cannot cost too much, because it is just a bar, right? “Thanks

Yes pig ,for you it’s just a bar and $$$$ ,you don’t give a shit about our safety!!!!

I paid for this brand new crap $630 Australian $$$…. Can you buy quality stuff for this!?? You tell me!
Attachments
AB6952D6-35BC-42AE-AA89-1CE191ABD2E7.png
The guts of the crap!!!!!!!!

kiteman007
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby kiteman007 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:28 am

Cezary, the fact that you think there was no power line in your bar shows that you have very little knowledge about how bars are designed and build. If this bar did not have a power line inside the tube, it would not last longer than your first kite launch. The line must have been in your bar, surely. As someone else wrote here, the pin for the power line is missing in your pictures, so the power line was probably lost in your incident. Do not want to argue here, but it is hard to not reply when someone thinks and claims there was no power line in this bar. Just saw another topic where a line broke inside Duotone chicken loop on a relatively new bar. Should they recall all iron hearts safety systems now? They have been using those for many years without any change. Trust me, stuff like this happens on all bars from time to time. Have seen it on all brands through the years. And by the way the diameter of the line does not determine its holding strength. But you would know that Cezary, you sound like an engineer.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:09 am

I’m sorry but I never claimed there was no chicken loop line , I just don’t know this for sure, can only suspect it. Also
I don’t know why pretty much brand new bar failed in moderate conditions!
As to the blue PU tube it never failed as you can see on photos, the connection of PU tube to the swivel failed not the PU tube itself.
In any case if it was a failure of the loading line in PU tube there must be something very wrong with this bar, that’s all!
A number of guys said it’s very low quality bar, perhaps that’s the answer!?

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: F-one Bandit 12 7m, 10m, Duotone Juice 13m
Nomad Carbon C Wave 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:18 am

You have to ask though why if one brand recalls an entire product line due to a single failure why does another brand disregard a failure?

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:36 am

Because one brand is Ozone , one of the best! and the other is CF from eastern europe.
Besides Ozone didnt recall the entire line in 2008, and recently also they just recalled one part of the new clik in QR. I got it myself in no time by express mail!
That is approach of the truly great Company!!
Mind you this small part of QR was recalled JUST on suspicion it’s not the best quality and there was a chance it might fail down the track!

sonny2727
Medium Poster
Gear: Duotone,Kauper, Ozone, Taaroa, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses, Axis,Slingshot,Pansh
Rebel,Mono,
Reo,Edge,R1,
Sonic,Peak4,Soul,
Falcon
Aurora,Adam

Re: CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 Falling apart mid jump/ WARNNING!

Postby sonny2727 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:08 am

Havre wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:04 am
gibsonandpickett wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:40 am
Cezary wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 pm
Yes Soleas,
they are making pretty much the same shit from 2015! and you might say I deserve what I got for being stupid enough to buy this crap!
If as you say there are other riders injured while using this deadly device I would like to hear from them!
In my 12 years of kitesurfing I never heard about an injury caused by a faulty control bar!…. let alone an injury of such magnitude as mine, it’s also easy to imagine the situation if the bar fell apart near the peak of my jump.
In a sense I was extremely lucky perhaps that’s the reason CrazyFly doesn’t give a shit about what happened!
Reuben lenton flying ozone had a failure
Reuban Lenton failure and the cause is not well established IMO...Ozone QR devise has a ridge that is too prominent and unusual compared to other manufacturers of seat belt type QR..and it can get caught in stuff ...I have sanded it down after too many releases when it got caught on the hydrofoil board body dragging or self rescue

Completely different though. I think it is well established he released it himself by accident?

One might discuss if that was a design flaw or not, but it wasn't due to material failure.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:22 am

Isn't that well established then?

Not defending Ozone here. I can see the issue with that ridge, I can also understand why it is designed that way, but that is different than material failure.

Return to “Kitesurfing”