Forum for kitesurfers
ar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: fl
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Triton Creations

Postby ar » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Does anybody have any experience getting boards from Trition Creations?

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.

Re: Triton Creations

Postby Trent hink » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:09 am

John Triton, in Venice Florida?

Years ago, I probably built around 75 twin-tip kite boards myself, but these days I have neither time nor space.

His shop is about 12 miles down the road from where I live, and though we have not yet ironed out the details, I just gave him a down payment for a new hydrofoil board last night.

A few of my friends and aquaintences have hydrofoil boards he made, and his resin work and use of wood veneer are both at an artistic level that I envy.

ar
Rare Poster

Postby ar » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Yes. That’s the one.
I saw one of his boards earlier this spring and was quite impressed with it. Odered one in late June.
John gave me an estimate build time of 30 days. Through email exchanges since August he explained all the delays.
Now the last firm date I was given has passed and there has been no further communication.
He had told me he had some health issues that kept him from the shop. I can understand that “stuff” happens, but I’m disappointed with the way this has gone.

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.

Postby Trent hink » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:47 pm

I contacted him through Messenger and arranged to meet him at his shop, where he showed me a very nice looking wakeskate that was close to completion, and a couple of hydrofoil boards that were in the early/ middle stages of construction.

He mentioned that his phone recently got smashed in the street, so perhaps that might explain the lack of communication.

I can understand your disappointment, have you already paid?

ar
Rare Poster

Postby ar » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:07 pm

I still hope to get the foil board.
I paid the 50% deposit through PayPal back in June. Not concerned about the $$, just wish I had the board already.
We’re having some nice conditions over here.

Return to “Kitesurfing”