Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wetsuit advice - Mystic

Postby OgaV » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm

Hi!
need advice about size and experiance)
Iam,going to buy the Majestic 3/2 Frontzip 2021 Wetsuit
Iam kinda confused about sizes :-?
I cant try it on, because in my country I dont have a mystic, so only online shopping)
Saw reviews that you need to take wetsuit in one size bigger than ussual
Does anyone know if it's true?

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Re: Wetsuit advice - Mystic

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi OgaV, in my experience selling wetsuits for some years now I'll say every brand has a different fit, so you can be a different size from one brand to another. I'll also add that I see a lot of people wearing suits that are a bit big as this makes them easier to get into. I even see some of the retailers steering people up a wetsuit size, especially when selling online.

Mystic will fit smaller than some brands and bigger than others. I base this on talking to a lot of shops and my experience over a few years.

If you want to DM me your height and weight I'll give you a suggestion but I'd hope if you're buying through a good shop they should also be able to provide this support.
These users thanked the author mattaiken MYS NKB for the post:
zlatko23 (Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:51 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Flyboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:01 pm

As I recently posted, I ordered a Mystic Majestic 5/4 in the L (52 size) - very nice suit, but I & had to return it because it was too small. The sizing given by Mystic was not inaccurate - the suit was too small around my shoulders which was suggested by the numbers in the sizing chart. I replaced the suit with a L (52 size) Ride Engine Apoc suit. The Ride Engine sizing chart indicates that the shoulders in the L size are larger than in the same Mystic sizing ... and that proved to be true - the Ride Engine suit fits me perfectly. Based on that experience, I would look carefully at the sizing charts for all the brands.

Of course, getting hold of anything at the minute is difficult, so finding the exact size you need may be challenging.
These users thanked the author Flyboy for the post:
zlatko23 (Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:50 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

BenBen
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Northern Germany
Gear: Slingshot Rally, Naish Pivot, Airush Lithium, Crazyfly Raptor

Postby BenBen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:23 pm

I wear a Mystic Majestic wetsuit from 2020. I had to buy it one size bigger than usual in my previous wetsuits (NP, Ion, Billabong).

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m², Ozone Enduro V3 7/11m²&V4 9m², CrazyFly Raptor LTD, Appletree Malus Domestica 5'1"

Postby zlatko23 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:48 pm

I use 2018 Mystic Majestic 4/3 FZ and I think that the SizeChart they provide is pretty accurate. It is nice for me they have Short and Tall option with every major size(S,M,L,XL, etc). I ordered online MS as it was the closest to my measurement: I am exactly in height range for MS, have 4-5cm larger chest than MS and 4-5cm thinner waist than MS. The wetsuit fits exactly as expected per chart - perfect for height, quite tight around the chest/shoulders(but not uncomfortable), looser(but not too loose) at the waist. With 5-10 sessions the chest/shoulder area stretched enough to make getting in/out easy enough. So pretty happy with size chart accuracy, but it is completely different topic if the sizing "mold" fits you - I actually need a "mold" having the height range as MS, chest range as L and waist size as S. So I guess I am not the perfect body type for Mystic wetsuit :D

tomato
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: faceplant!!!
Gear: old

Postby tomato » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:43 pm

I bought Mystic Majestic 5.4 BZ from 2017 L size and it had a some free space around waist. I am 185cm 82kg, chest 100-102cm, waist 86cm. Should have taken MT. I think Mystic makes products for people that have some fat, or have straight body curves. Even their harness size M fits me a bit loose.

Return to “Kitesurfing”