Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What is the best front line splitter block for low V bars? (Upgrading my Dreamstick X)

Forum for kitesurfers
Kite Dependent
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 86
Local Beach: Woolgoogha
Style: Freeride + Wave
Gear: 2018 LF NV's & Flysurfer SOUL, Reedin Dreamstick X, Cabrinha Tronic & Chopstick, North Pro Whip
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is the best front line splitter block for low V bars? (Upgrading my Dreamstick X)

Postby Kite Dependent » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:55 am

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all your input thus far.

A quick recap... The issue
Screenshot at Dec 08 12-38-30.png
Screenshot at Dec 08 12-38-30.png (132.88 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
The manufactured options...
Screenshot at Dec 08 12-40-35.png
1) Ozone Bracket + Stopper Ball
2) Flysurfer/Best V Distributor
3) NorthKB Power Bracket
4) Safety Ring (kite Attitude)
5) Kite care RVS Trimmer

Of these I do like the Ozone part the best for two reasons.
First of all when flagging out there is zero resistance even if the bracket twists as it travels.
Screenshot at Dec 08 13-16-44.png
Screenshot at Dec 08 13-16-44.png (374.22 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
Secondly, both front line are able to move around a bit without coming into contact with the side wall of the bracket. One front in free air the other by the ball moving as a rider pulls at, dangles, crashes etc, basically anything that is not the straight pull from the kite.
Screenshot at Dec 08 13-22-30.png
Screenshot at Dec 08 13-22-30.png (406.35 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
I think the Flysurfer part might also be good as looking at the photo below of it vs the Reedin block they have taken account of the two factors (Flagging travel/Freedom to move a bit) just mentioned above by widing the holes out in a cone shape. Think this might help with line wear over time.
Screenshot at Dec 08 13-34-22.png
Screenshot at Dec 08 13-34-22.png (423.92 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
I have ordered a flysurfer part to see.

FYI: I took the loop to loop apart the other day (after only four sessions on the new Dreamstick X) and you can already see it starting to wear the connection point. So even with no flagging I think this bar will prematurely eat the front lines at the splitter block. Some combination of the line quality and block design is not that good in my opinion. I think the drive to have a smaller and smaller loop to loop knot diameter for a unrestricted flaggout down the PU tube has gone to far now.
Screenshot at Dec 08 13-46-22.png
I'm going to go for the Ozone part with a custom 16mm diameter Acetal stopper ball, 3mm hole and nice rounded off edges. I will use the Reedin flagging bungee to keep the loop to loop knot small but with some new Liros lines that can hopefully hack it better.

Any input welcomed, will keep ya posted when new parts arrive.

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Re: What is the best front line splitter block for low V bars? (Upgrading my Dreamstick X)

Postby Sun » Fri May 27, 2022 1:28 pm

Any updates here? I am looking at picking up a dream stick X, and it is always easier to work on a bar if you haven’t ridden it yet. I also think the ozone splitter is about the best in the industry.

Kite Dependent
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 86
Local Beach: Woolgoogha
Style: Freeride + Wave
Gear: 2018 LF NV's & Flysurfer SOUL, Reedin Dreamstick X, Cabrinha Tronic & Chopstick, North Pro Whip

Postby Kite Dependent » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:25 am

Sun wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:28 pm
Any updates here? I am looking at picking up a dream stick X, and it is always easier to work on a bar if you haven’t ridden it yet. I also think the ozone splitter is about the best in the industry.
Hi Sun,

Sorry for late reply... did you get the bar and go for Ozone splitter?

Ozone splitter is way to go with either a custom stopper ball as discussed in the thread or... (after buying a cheap old ozone bar for parts) I realised that there is a stopper ball high up on the front line that stops the bar traveling to far away from you when flagging out, this ball will work very well for the loop to loop connection with small knot like the one one the Reedin bar.
Screenshot at Jun 14 14-24-35.png
Screenshot at Jun 14 14-24-35.png (472.27 KiB) Viewed 560 times
IMG_3790.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”