Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kokatat drysuits

Forum for kitesurfers
SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Kokatat drysuits

Postby SpaceRacer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:43 pm

Hi, in general, do you like? Kokatat does not warrant its suits for kiteboarding. That being said, have you had an issues with premature wear or damage from a harness?

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Re: Kokatat drysuits

Postby madworld » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:09 pm

SpaceRacer wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:43 pm
Hi, in general, do you like? Kokatat does not warrant its suits for kiteboarding. That being said, have you had an issues with premature wear or damage from a harness?
Were did you get that information? Is it in writing, please give the link? Is this a new policy? I use them year round and just change up the insulation to the level temperature. I have three of them and have had excellent warranty service, I wear a seat harness and have had no wear and tear problems from a harness. The only warranty in 10 years were for a zipper and the entire suit delaminating of the Gortex material and they gave me a brand new suit, no questions asked. Gaskets are not a warranty item, I send the three suits in every year for them to be rebuilt with all new gaskets and a leak test.

SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Postby SpaceRacer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Helpful. I am posting this for a friend, who said the website mentions not designed for kiting and I guess he inquired via contact us and was told the suit was not warrantied against harness wear. On a similar note, Madworld, how much does it cost for your annual gasket replacement and pressure test? That is a great idea and something I will do the spring.

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:27 pm

SpaceRacer wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm
Helpful. I am posting this for a friend, who said the website mentions not designed for kiting and I guess he inquired via contact us and was told the suit was not warrantied against harness wear. On a similar note, Madworld, how much does it cost for your annual gasket replacement and pressure test? That is a great idea and something I will do the spring.
Your friend is probally referring top the lower priced models called "Hydrus" and not made with the Gortex warrantied material. The "Hydrus" has a limited lower tier warranty.

I buy a one year $125 Platinum club membership which includes free repair return shipping, discounts on gaskets, three free leak tests with patching and fast turn around service. For one dry suit replacement of all gaskets $197.55

I have 2 Kokatat GFER Drysuits now discontinued and 1 new Kokatat legacy model they gave me under warranty. The replacement for the GFER. They all come from the factory with socks, I had them cut off the socks and install ankle gasket as I like to be barefoot on all three drysuits. The New Kokatat legacy drysuit is a new thinner lighter gortex product and plastic zippers instead of metal zippers, the entire suit is noticeably lighter.

Check out the website for more information. https://kokatat.com/mens/dry-suits/ https://kokatat.com/support/warranty-repairs

Highly recommend all Kokatat products, their fleece insulation is great. I also use their PFD's too. I like the Rescue Guide model PFD.

Anybody interested in buying a new Kokatat Drysuit will be frustrated as they are hand made in Arcata California and the supply chain is affecting their production, like most other sporting goods.

Return to “Kitesurfing”