Local Beach: El Gouna, Mangroovy Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ponta preta, Manawa
Style: Strapless
Gear: Neo
Brand Affiliation: None

Wingtips for trustbar 2016 - hard question

Postby sickdog » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi

I've a trustbar North 2016 that has 2 broken wingtips (the blu and red plastic pieces on the side of the bar that you need to remove to make the lines longer).

On the duotone shops they sell spare wingtips, but for trust bar 2019, 2020 and 2021 - does anyone have any idea about compatibility? At this point i'm considering buying all of them and hope for the best ;)

Ciao and thanks a lot!

Roberto

McLovin
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 124 kg
Local Beach: The Columbia River Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Rufus & Rooster - sandy ones with smooth wind
Style: TT - Newbie Foiler
Gear: Armstrong FOIL - SS Dwarfcraft - North Code Zero 7,8 - CORE Section 4,5 XR 7,9 Ocean Rodeo RISE (A) 9/10/11 Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5(A), CARVE Imperator 151cm TT and Crazy Fly Raptor 140cm Neon TT - Ocean Rodeo Ignites Drysuit - Mystic Majestic 5/4 4/3 other stuff...
Brand Affiliation: Just stuff I like... THANKS Armie!

Re: Wingtips for trustbar 2016 - hard question

Postby McLovin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:47 pm

Hey Roberto!

So I have used Trust bars a bunch mostly 2018-2020 vintage a few older ones too...not sure exactly which part you are referring to? Sounds like maybe the buttons that you press to change bar width, those tend to get sticky after a while, anyway my .02 would be as follows:

#1. If you proceed with trying to repair your old bar - just buy the oldest 2019 part - Trust bars have been the same for quite a while.

#2. Consider NOT doing #1 cause once you start fixing old bar parts there is probably another worn item which pretty quickly adds up to a new or newer used bar.

As we say in my business COST is ONLY an issue in the ABSENCE of VALUE - I get saving a few bucks but IMHO your bar & lines is NOT the place to economize. Many of us will BUY new bars / lines every year or two at most cause we kinda like not dying - hence, lots of decent bars out there even on the pre-owned market. Also lots of leaps forward in line tech vs. the old white frayed ones. You might be surprised how much VALUE you get out a nice SK99 line set.

Good winds :/

Mc

:dance:

sickdog
Rare Poster
Local Beach: El Gouna, Mangroovy Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ponta preta, Manawa
Style: Strapless
Gear: Neo

Postby sickdog » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:55 pm

Thanks, it is that weird piece of plastic that gets removed to make your lines longer or shorter - It is fundamentally the only removable part in the bar. It is a pure esthetic fix, bar is in good/ok condition, but I lost one wingtip and the other one has a crack in it...

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:53 pm

I've lost both those covers in my two older North bars. The plastic got brittle with time and they fell apart.

If you're worried about functionality, I just kept using the bars as they were. Just pushed in the lines. Never had a problem.

Return to “Kitesurfing”